What's new

slim needs adjustment

I think that I have found the reason I had such a razor burn last week.

Attachments

• slimneedsadjustment.jpg
    slimneedsadjustment.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
Is that blade gap greater on the left? If so, I can see where it would cause issues. The slim is masquerading as a slant :blink:

I had the same issue and did my best to fix it with a needle nose pliers, but it's still not perfect. So, I just bought some new DE razors and they're MUCH better than my slim ever was, dating back to around 1963, when I got it as my first razor. In fact, it did a poor job every time I tried it, which is why I converted to cartridges many years ago. But, now my new DE's (Jagger, Shanghai Gillette, and Russian Saiver) are doing a good job and I'm using them. I may stll give the old slim another try, but it may not be worth it. I heard so many stories about the uneven blade gap that I think it may have been a defect from day one.

Captain Murphy is a trusted repair resource, [email protected]. Adjusting a bent bar is a piece of cake for him and isn't expensive (last time I checked). Shoot him an email if you're interested and include some pics so he can reply with a price.

I had the same issue and did my best to fix it with a needle nose pliers, but it's still not perfect. So, I just bought some new DE razors and they're MUCH better than my slim ever was, dating back to around 1963, when I got it as my first razor. In fact, it did a poor job every time I tried it, which is why I converted to cartridges many years ago. But, now my new DE's (Jagger, Shanghai Gillette, and Russian Saiver) are doing a good job and I'm using them. I may stll give the old slim another try, but it may not be worth it. I heard so many stories about the uneven blade gap that I think it may have been a defect from day one.
I used a Fatboy a few days ago that is lined right and the shave was smooth as with the EJ DE89.

I used a Fatboy a few days ago that is lined right and the shave was smooth as with the EJ DE89.
I have to apologize to my slim adjustable. After getting the blade gap as even as I could, although not perfect, I gave it a try on number 2 with a Rapira platinum blade. It did a great job, with zero cuts, nicks, or irritation (sounds like no hits, runs, or errors!). When it was new and I was a teenager, I obviously didn't know what I was doing and pressed too hard at the wrong angle. Live and learn. Now I have too many razors, but at least the variety makes shaving less boring than it used to be.

Top Bottom