What's new

Slim adjustable vs Fatboy

I think the handle on my 1970 Super Adjustable is coated aluminum. Now that you have added it to the mix I will say that it does for some reason seem to shave a bit better than the others. The head looks the same as the Slim to me, so go figure. It's probably in my head.

20191227_085802.jpg

I Looove my fatboy and the gillette flair tip, that for sure an option with in your budget. Many also like the Merkur Progress and Parker Variant as well?

I think the point is that all three of these are great razors so there is no wrong choice here and no reason to pay more for a Fatboy if the decision is only a about the shave.

I have a 71 Black Beauty long handle.

As others have said, your budget should allow you to buy both and you will always recoup your money if you purchase well and decide to sell at a later date.

So don’t worry about the budget, treat it as a non-depreciating asset 😉

I think the handle on my 1970 Super Adjustable is coated aluminum. Now that you have added it to the mix I will say that it does for some reason seem to shave a bit better than the others. The head looks the same as the Slim to me, so go figure. It's probably in my head.

View attachment 1053629
Out of interest, what is the other razor in the picture?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I much prefer my Gillette Red Tip to my Slim, which I only use once a year to remind myself why I don't like adjustable razors........

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have both and will keep both. I like the weight of them. I usually leave mine on the same setting though once dialled in. Usually setting 3 does me fine. So I would event get both.

Have both. Gave both extended runs as my daily driver. Went back to my EJ89. Sad that my birth year Gillette just wasn’t as close or intuitive as a modern razor. Have gotten over it and moved on.

They are both iconic pieces but don’t be surprised if they disappoint. A lot of “love” for them is coloured by nostalgia and the crazy prices....

Top Bottom