What's new

Slim Adjustable tweaking?

Thanks to winning a generous PIF in February, I have two Slim Adjustables. The PIFed one is an awesome shaver, becoming one of my favorites. The problem lies in my original Slim, which doesn't shave as nice and feels a bit rougher or more aggressive, yet doesn't shave quite as close. - My guess is the gap and or base plate needs some attention or perhaps alignment.

Where's the best place to send it for some tlc? - The plating is actually in pretty good shape, so not really in need of plating, just a good alignment or adjusting.

Thanks
Ray

It could be a matter as simple as resetting the factory adjustments. This is needed when the adjustment dial has been turned past the original setting. Watch this and see if it applies to you:

She's not over-clock, and setting 1 looks right with the adjustment plate all the way down. - I believe the blade tray and/or the guards may be off, or slightly bent, and don't want to make it worse.

I'll reach out to Cap.

Thanks

She's not over-clock, and setting 1 looks right with the adjustment plate all the way down. - I believe the blade tray and/or the guards may be off, or slightly bent, and don't want to make it worse.

I'll reach out to Cap.

Thanks
After reading your situation I went back to an untouched razor (slim adjustable) as my Delta Echo (slim adjustable) was hanging up when trying to close doors when blade changing. Going back to the untouched was such a much nicer shave that it led me to believe something wasn't quite right with my coated razor which was disheartening. I reached out to Cap and got a generated email stating a hiatus til May. Decided to reach out to Jay at Delta Echo (I at first was hesitant as time had elapsed since my purchase) as it really has sat as a display for most of time since I got it back from him and didn't drop it or anything. He was more then happy to check it out so it's on the way to him. Thanks for sharing your issue as it got me to investigate and compare my 2. Hope mine gets sorted out as the coated one is a birth year and quarter and I love the look and shave of a Slim.

Top Bottom