What's new

Sliding Down the Razor Blade of Life with Smattayu

Great read, shave, and picture Eric!
Smokey sandalwood, very interesting.

Caught up on some amazing shaves, Eric, especially with THB!

Thanks guys! There have been a few shaves since last posting, but this is the latest:

Straight razor shave #422

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: Sorrentino Barzini
Razor: CV Heljestrand MK31
Soap: CBL Russian Tea
Aftershave: Sudsy Soapery Bay & Citrus
EDT: L"Instant De Guerlain

Got a fantastic Mail Call yesterday. A bevy of samples from CBLindsay. Several soaps, and two creams. I was even more excited when I saw that Russian Tea was among them. I have some of the Strop Shoppe version, which is unobtanium, and love the scent. Out of all the straights in the den, the CVH was least likely to need a refresh(Swedish steel holds an edge darn near forever), so I chose it for this shave.

I haven't compared this sample to my tub of Strop Shoppe Russian Tea yet, but my initial impression is that is is extremely close, with maybe just a bit more tea scent than the original, and it is outstanding. I pressed a sample of it into my favorite lather bowl, which was a gift from Dagwoodz a ways back, and got to it. The Barzini did it's thing, and a delicious smelling lather was churned out. The CVH has held it's edge since it's last little touch up, and three passes and some clean up granted me an amazing HCBBSG. A dab of SS Bay & Citrus(another favorite scent) was not needed, but it capped off a marvelous shave nicely. Three Vassily's of LIDG and I was in my happy place as I headed in to work. The purchase of this juice was inspired by cmh737, who has given it high marks in numerous posts. One of the best buys ever for me. It's a desert island frag for certain.

As for the performance of the soap: It's a CBL soap. Many artisan soapmakers across the nation who charge for their products shed tears of frustrated envy that a guy who makes soap for fun has put their best efforts to shame. Top tier all the way.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Great shave and read Eric!

As for the performance of the soap: It's a CBL soap. Many artisan soapmakers across the nation who charge for their products shed tears of frustrated envy that a guy who makes soap for fun has put their best efforts to shame. Top tier all the way.
:thumbup:

Top Bottom