What's new

Slickest soaps out there

I am going to try my hand at transitioning from de safety razor to straight razor shaving. I understand that shaving with a straight razor is best when using a soap with a slick lather.

What would you suggest are some of the slickest soap choices out there?

Tim

The answer may be affected by water quality. That being said, the slickest soaps to me are Declaration Grooming, Wholly Kaw donkey, B&M Reserve base, Sudsy Soapery, T&S and Stirling - pretty much in that order. Can't really go wrong with any of them

Wild West Shaving Co has some of the best soap, with slickness, cushion, etc. Even for a beginner straight razor user, the lather doesn't dry up fast, so you'll have more time to mess around before you have to relather. Just my opinion.

Wild West Shaving Co has some of the best soap, with slickness, cushion, etc. Even for a beginner straight razor user, the lather doesn't dry up fast, so you'll have more time to mess around before you have to relather. Just my opinion.
I keep hearing about wild west, they have samples?

Stirling & Tabac are my mainstays, they're really slick when whipped up correctly. When the brush nearly falls out of my soapy hand, I know the mix is right!

I'll take a hit on this, but I find DR Harris to not be nearly as good a performer as Stirling & Tabac...there, I said it. I have a puck of Arlington, which will last forever, as it rarely gets used. For me, it doesn't perform, while the others just give better slickness and cushioning than DR Harris for me.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For me Saponificio Varesino and Haslinger. Both brands provide incredible slickness and incredible post-shave feel.

The answer may be affected by water quality. That being said, the slickest soaps to me are Declaration Grooming, Wholly Kaw donkey, B&M Reserve base, Sudsy Soapery, T&S and Stirling - pretty much in that order. Can't really go wrong with any of them

This.

Along with The Holy Black, Midnight & Two, Grooming Dept, Phoenix and Beau, and Mickey Lee Soapworks. As someone else said, Wild West Shaving Co. is also great stuff. Happy hunting. Cheers.

Top Bottom