What's new

Slickest soaps out there

I’ll go ahead and vote for the Shaving Shop Club with Goats Milk and Lanolin. This stuff is amazing IMO, but of course everyone’s mileage varies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it’s valobra hard pucks

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I'm glad there is one more vote for Valobra as I'm planning to buy it next, does it leave your face clean, smooth and fresh without soap residue? I tried MdC over the weekend and I loved how clean, light and refreshed my face felt afterwards. Thanks!

I'm glad there is one more vote for Valobra as I'm planning to buy it next, does it leave your face clean, smooth and fresh without soap residue? I tried MdC over the weekend and I loved how clean, light and refreshed my face felt afterwards. Thanks!
To me it does all that, great post shave feeling for me. I could do without an aftershave or balm if i wanted to.

Just tried Mudder Focker for the first time today and this might be the slickest soap I’ve ever used. Incredible stuff. Will definitely take a few times to dial in the radio, but wow.

luplin77 and es99, thank you both for your feedback, I have two new soaps to buy next, one is Valobra unscented, and the other will be Grooming Dept., very excited about trying them both ;))

The most slickest soap I know on the market is the Body Shop Maca Root, but, it's a shaving cream and I know MWF is not the slickest soap against the Body Shop Maca Root. MWF is very slick if you know how to used MWF properly, once you've known how to get the MWF lather right.

Last edited:
I have the best results with williams, followed by arko, proraso and razorock classic. But in all honesty most of my experience is with williams, i do buy the occasional artisan if im curious about a scent but i have never found them to be much different performance wise from the soaps i normally use.

+1 for Haslinger's Schafmilch. I finally got around to trying that out and man what a treat. I've been really enjoying that soap from lather to post-shave. Good stuff!

My water is quite hard out here. So much so that when shaving with DR Harris it feels like sliding sandpaper across my face if I don't use distilled water. The soaps I have found with the most slickness despite any type of hard water - in a somewhat descending order - are Barrister & Mann Special Reserve, Pre de Provence, Tabac, Tabula Rasa, and Dr. Jon's. Of course, if you don't use exceptionally hard water then you may add DR Harris to the list.

Not a big fan of Grooming dept., but these soaps are really slick once you dial on them. They do not win on overall against other artisan/brands, mostly because I have not get to love the secnts I have sniff. Still need to give a try to some of the ones mentioned around, like Declaration grooming, specifically, That's my quest for 2018.

Lot's of great suggestions, for straight razors, SV actually makes one geared more for straight razors which is Tundra Artica although I find all their shaving soaps to be slick.
The slickest soap I've used is the I Coloniali mango which is unfortunately discontinued but I found the the shaving cream very close to the performance of the soap when it comes to residual slickness.

You can't go wrong with with Valobra, Tabac, Boellis Panama 1924, ABC, Barrister and Mann Reserve, Stirling and Dr.Jon's all are very slick. Good luck.

My water is quite hard out here. So much so that when shaving with DR Harris it feels like sliding sandpaper across my face if I don't use distilled water. The soaps I have found with the most slickness despite any type of hard water - in a somewhat descending order - are Barrister & Mann Special Reserve, Pre de Provence, Tabac, Tabula Rasa, and Dr. Jon's. Of course, if you don't use exceptionally hard water then you may add DR Harris to the list.

@Lyso if you have really hard water, you should check out this thread from some folks with a similar problem. Apparently you can turn even the most wretchedly hard water soft as a baby's bum with just a sprinkle of food grade citric acid powder. These gents seem pretty thrilled with the results. Soft water completely transforms soaps and lather. I'm going to give it a try it myself. :)

Citric Acid for Hard Water Suffering Brits

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Reading through this post it would be difficult to come up with a soap that is not mentioned as being slick. That's pretty much what I expected - you can make slick lather with any good soap.

Top Bottom