What's new

Slickest soaps out there

Barrister and Mann, Tabac, and Stirling are my top 3. If you're looking for lots of slickness, rub some Cremo on as a preshave, then lather on top of that, really boosts the slickness quite a bit.

Edit: Forgot to mention PAA, some of the best soaps out there, with some darn good scents.

M

member 119848

When I load up the lather and am done painting my face with it, I let the brush sit on a marble surface, and here what happens: the brush slides by itself for about at least one inch!
——> Tabac and MWF

I'm sort of on the same quest & haven't tried a whole lot of soaps, but of the ones I do have, for me it is Tabac, Stirling, and Haslinger.

For my part Modern Williams is one of my best for straight shaving, for me it’s one of the slikest soap I ever used. But any soaps will due for straight shaving, my trick is to make a wet lather.

ive heard of this soap here and there but have never been able to find it. where would one purchase it from? all ive seen is a shave cream on amazon for a pretty steep price
It's been out of production for more than a year. You might get lucky on the BST or an auction site, but you would probably have to pay way too much for it. That being said, I hear the cream is about as good as the soap. It is, at least, available.

Let’s see...in no particular order: Tabac, MWF, Declaration Grooming, Mike’s, B&M Reserve, Bufflehead, Stirling, MLS, CFG, SV, Valobra, DR Harris and of course Williams. I’m sure I have forgotten many.

Basically what I am trying to say is that I use all of the same soaps regardless of what type of razor I use. A good lather will work with a piece of broken glass. ;-p

Williams is very slick soap.
My favourites for slickness and protection include, Haslinger, Palmolive, Cella, Captain’s Choice, and Wickham 1912 soaps.

Top Bottom