What's new

Slickest Cream in Your Den?

There are many creams I have yet to try, but I have nice, slick lathers from LEA Classic, and LEA Professional. Two products I very much enjoy shaving with.

As soon as the yearly restraint concludes, I look forward to acquiring the Proraso Single Blade cream(s).

So, I am mostly a soap guy, but I do have some Proraso and TOBS Sandlewood. This week I decided to pull out the TOBS. The scent is WONDERFUL! The cream lathers extremely well, but....but the slickness leaves a lot to be desired. So, today I decided to add some Cella soap to the TOBS lather and did notice some improvement in the slickness category. I also noticed, sadly, that the scent was not as strong.

I think I will go back to my soaps next week, but will keep my TOBS and will probably pull it out in a few months for another go.

My Lavanda cream is very slick, it's like a soap. It's also very thick in the metal tube and takes effort to squeeze out. It might be better in a tub like the Proraso soft soaps.

The slickest creams I own are Speick, Castle Forbes, and T&H 1805. As good as these creams are, soaps are where it's at in terms of slickness IMO.

I had to try Creemo and it was realy slick. It was so slick I had to quit using it as it was too hard to hold my straight razor and I would have probably cut my ear off if I kept using it. I gave it away to my father in law who uses cartridge razors.

Mike

Slickest? Speick hands down. Not at all a great performer though imo..in fact...very sub-par...Not cushioning, protective or moisturizing....ymmv...

St. James Of London Black Pepper & Lime.

So damn slick and cushiony. I do not suggest face lathering with it only bowl. Top class cream imho

Been using mostly soaps but recently picked up a NY Shaving Co - Old St. Patrick's and that may be as slick as any cream I've had over the years

Top Bottom