What's new

Slick Shaving Cream?

I decided to give shaving cream a go after my puck of Mitchell's wool fat ran out. So far I tried Palmolive and a sample Pod of Edwin Jagger sandalwood both of which I found to be quite dry. Any suggestions for a cream that will make a thick slick lather while not breaking the bank?

On me, Trumpers cream is thick slick and very slippery, while Erasmic cream is not as slippery as Trumpers, but still very good and a fraction of the price.
Regards,
Renato

Pick up a tub of JM Frasers. Very slick, great beard conditioner and absolutely easy on the wallet.

The slickest creams I have found are penhaligons, floris, T&H and trumpers (I can only speak to violet). The Jagger cream I tried is not slick at all. CF, TOBS, AOS, Razorock are 2nd tier creams IMHO. Proraso and the other budget creams are third tier in terms of slickness, except for Speick, which is almost as good as my first tier in slickness

I have to discard the Palmolive I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to it, I was doing some test lathers to find the method right for consistently finding the sweet spot between thick and runny where you get some decent cushion and a good slickness (well as good as Palmolive can give you). I rubbed some of the lather on my face and shortly after, started to feel sharp prickles which spread out into patches of irritation on my face, it was the same sensation I got during previous shaves which with Palmolive which made me think my lather was too dry.

I was going to try TOB sandalwood, their sandalwood scent is the nicest I've smelled, but now I think I might be better off trying Mr. Taylor. I really wish TOB did sample pots so I could judge if it was just Palmolive itself that was irritating me or some common ingredient in non sensitive shaving creams.

A lot of good recommendations above....for the price, you can't go wrong with TOBS or Proraso. I haven't tried the JM Frasier but I've heard good things, and it smells really good IMO.

Top Bottom