What's new

Slick shaving cream recommendations?

Crown Shaving Co's cream is very good. It's over $20, but you get something like 8 oz. The mint and eucalyptus scent is amazing too.

Proraso sensitive skin........
proxy.php

AoM/BoSS

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'll add a +1 for both the Proraso Sensitive Skin (the LOTH is a big fan) and the Palmolive -- I'd also add that Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream (not the foam, but the tube cream) and I also LEA creams. I've also gotten good slickness from Godrej creams. Honestly, I haven't hit a cream where the slickness is sub-par -- the lather may not be voluminous or it may not be the best post-shave face feel; but the slickness has always been present.

Another vote for Proraso sensitive. Try it with the Proraso pre-shave for an even better experience.

Note that Proraso just releases "Super Forumulas" for all their creams and other products. They're supposed to be even better than before, and should be widely available in the USA in a couple of months. You can also find the new formula from some European vendors.

Since the new formulas are coming, Proraso products are now heavily discounted.

From Sterling, to ToBS, to Shannon's, to Williams, Lea, Taconic and Palmolive and even Lucky Tiger, all do an excellent job at providing a slick and smooth shave if I do my part & work them with the proper combination of bowl and brush.

Many are expensive and once gone won't be replaced. Some are cheap, but need to be ordered from online for local stores; some from offshore.

I prefer something I can get off shelf from a local retailer; cheap is good, as long as if performs well. The cream blend I compare all other soaps and creams' performance against is my 1:1 Cremogena blend. Other brands may equal it, but none are better. And I'm pretty particular in the outcome of my daily shaves.

Flintstone65

From Sterling, to ToBS, to Shannon's, to Williams, Lea, Taconic and Palmolive and even Lucky Tiger, all do an excellent job at providing a slick and smooth shave if I do my part & work them with the proper combination of bowl and brush.

Many are expensive and once gone won't be replaced. Some are cheap, but need to be ordered from online for local stores; some from offshore.

I prefer something I can get off shelf from a local retailer; cheap is good, as long as if performs well. The cream blend I compare all other soaps and creams' performance against is my 1:1 Cremogena blend. Other brands may equal it, but none are better. And I'm pretty particular in the outcome of my daily shaves.
My apologies if you have already answered this here or somewhere else, but what is the Cremogena blend? I'm guessing Cremo Shaving Cream and Neutrogena (but I'm not familiar with a Neutrogena shaving product).

I find TOB avocado to be slick and provide an irritation free shave, plus nice post shave feel. You might also want to add a pre-shave oil to help.

My apologies if you have already answered this here or somewhere else, but what is the Cremogena blend? I'm guessing Cremo Shaving Cream and Neutrogena (but I'm not familiar with a Neutrogena shaving product).
Yes, I have answered this elsewhere. BUT, as with any topic, to go dig thru other posts over any timespan can be tedious & a big time waster.
Your assumption is correct - Cremogen is simply a blend of equal parts of Cremo and Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Shave Cream. On their own, neither is known to produce any special lather. But combined, the blend becomes a lathering demon. The blend is extremely slick, with a dense lather. You can either place a dab of each into a bowl to brush lather, or else put equal quantities into a jar or container & stir to blend. Both items are available on shelf at a local Walmart, so no several day wait for delivering an order. Cremo is available in several different scents, but I'e only tried the Original and the Cooling Menthol variety so far..

Flintstone65

Yes, I have answered this elsewhere. BUT, as with any topic, to go dig thru other posts over any timespan can be tedious & a big time waster.
Your assumption is correct - Cremogen is simply a blend of equal parts of Cremo and Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Shave Cream. On their own, neither is known to produce any special lather. But combined, the blend becomes a lathering demon. The blend is extremely slick, with a dense lather. You can either place a dab of each into a bowl to brush lather, or else put equal quantities into a jar or container & stir to blend. Both items are available on shelf at a local Walmart, so no several day wait for delivering an order. Cremo is available in several different scents, but I'e only tried the Original and the Cooling Menthol variety so far..
Thank you, I'm going to have to give this a try.

Top Bottom