Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: ARKO!
Post-shave lather: ARKO!
Post-shave face wash with shave binky
Post-shave alum block
Stirling Unscented Menthol with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera
Stirling Glacial Unscented Aftershave Balm

This felt smooth. Like Carlos Santana featuring Rob Thomas smooth. So I didn’t make the small, slow strokes I need to avoid filling my neck with weepers and got one on my chin, too. Felt comfortable the whole I doing it, so that’s waiting for me to enjoy with more self-control.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Maybe. Felt different than the other razors.

MMCP up next. A new razor every shave isn’t great from a learning-to-use-it perspective, but I got a bunch of new toys and had a toy that had been bought, cleaned, and not used.

Will stick to one of the whisker whackers for a while after that.

thombrogan

My best ones are Grover, Goody, the main Veggie Tales characters, and the clones from the animated series “Star Wars: the Clone Wars,” but I‘ll work on my Mogno when it arrives.

thombrogan

I’m not in that league. My Rickman falls apart after about a dozen syllables. But if my skills were better, I’d only be imitating Jim Carter anyways.

thombrogan

@Dovo1695 ,

If I understood your mentions here and in your croap-measuring thread correctly, the higher the number on the Dovometer tm, the harder the soap? And a harder soap is more likely to contain less water and unsaponified lipids due to its higher density, thus delivering more shaves’ worth of lather per volume? And from the original thread, where are you getting these rigid Fatip Grande razors? The blade exposure on my family’s Fatip Grande makes it a flappy bird, even if less flappy than an R41.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The blade exposure on my family’s Fatip Grande makes it a flappy bird, even if less flappy than an R41.

That means you havent found the correct angle. Used steeply the exposed edge in my Grande will flex. If I shave slowly enough I've even heard a tiny 'ping' when a single hair was cut and edge sprung back to shape. Shaving slowly didnt give me weepers, shaving quickly can. The angle that works for me below, which I only really use over my swirls because they're so difficult to cut.

Grande.Angle.JPG

With the edge contacting resistance at that angle it doesnt flex and there are no tiny 'pings' and no weepers, no matter how quickly I shave.

I did the same with my R41 but its so flappy its unpredictable. Thats why I prefer a fresh Feather blade in it. The increased sharpness of a fresh Feather blade helps increase cutting ability while lessening the chance of the blade flexing.

Fatips are extremely rigid designs. They clamp the blade between cap and base very well.

IMG_2203.jpg

thombrogan

Last night’s shave
MMCP
Personna PTFE GEM (1)
30mm Maggards Synthetic Brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Post-shave lather: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Post-shave face wash with shave binky
Post-shave alum block
Stirling Unscented Menthol with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera
Stirling Glacial Unscented Aftershave Balm

Mixed results with the PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum shave stick, Smells soo good. The base of wacky botanicals felt really good, but also burned a little (probably from all the spices).

First use of the Micromatic Clog Pruf was nice. Will get more use in the future, but going to have extended fun with the newer razors.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

That means you havent found the correct angle. Used steeply the exposed edge in my Grande will flex.

I found the correct angle. They designed it for a different angle. Steep lets the user feel the sublime comb while shaving. Shallow and below shallow let one get a smooth, efficient shave taking advantage of minimal force deflection on the blade and minimal blade gap to trap skin, but leaves out enjoying the comb. I’ve read they fixed that travesty with the Lo Storto Originale, but with, well, Fatip quality control…

A dichotomous calamity that’s not rigid in its best setup and not in its best setup when rigid.

Top Bottom