What's new

(Slaps link to thread) You Can Fit So Much Wrong In This Journal

The local Dunkins shop have ceased making apple fritters and has returned to both making the apple-filled doughnuts of my past and their seasonal Apple Cider doughnuts and pumpkin doughnuts.

Hmmm, very nice. My current go to in the doughnut world is vanilla custard. But my number 1 pastry at the moment?

The classic chocolate eclair.

eclair.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Why is the choux pastry sliced like that? It’s like your pâtissière wants to watch the world burn.

thombrogan

Pepperoni and bacon is something a lot of people haven't tried.

I saw some friends at work splitting that type of pie. When they were still alive the next day, I tried one, too.

One of the aforementioned told me about a Frank’s Red Hot pizza. It’s grilled chicken breast, mozzarella, and Frank’s Red Hot for the sauce. It’s very nice and somehow gives less heartburn than the bacon pepperoni pizza.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Pepperoni and bacon is something a lot of people haven't tried. They go so well together.

Pepperoni, bacon and mushroom is the typical 3 topping pizza here for virtually everyone. You cant have pizza without pepperoni and bacon. They're as much staple ingredients as cheese and sauce! lol

Its like doughnuts. Theres really only one kind.

Screenshot_2020-09-23 Boston-Cream-Pie-Donut webp (WEBP Image, 1595 × 1262 pixels) - Scaled (7...jpg

Although, I have been known to drive 90 minutes for Apple Fritters. Handmade by an old German woman every morning for her bakery. We use to stop at her bakery in the mornings when we went fishing around 5:30am and get them still hot. The last time we drove up to get some, her bakery was closed.

The best coffee I ever had in Canada was 45 minutes from me on the same drive. Also closed now. Tim Hortons opened across the road from his coffee shop and killed his business. I never could understand that. Tim Hortons coffee is garbage. Bitter, vile garbage, yet just across the street you could get a nice cup for less money and it was sweet, rich and creamy. His wife and daughter also made their own doughnuts but its Tim Hortons everyone flocks too. I'll never understand why.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Exactly.

preview.jpg

They're the Walmart of the coffee world here in Canada. The last I checked, they had 76 locations in this city of less than 500,000 people. There are more than 3800 in Canada. Thats three times as many locations as McDonalds, which 'only' has 17 locations in this city.

Second Cup is another coffee chain that used to be prevalent and that has fantastic coffee and with the exception of a very few small shops in and around Toronto, Tim Hortons has them out of business.

Tim Hortons is the reason I quit drinking coffee. I despise them, loudly and often.

thombrogan

Tuesday night’s shave:
MMOC
GEM PTFE (8))
30mm Maggards Synthetic Brush
Pre-shave: hot water face wash leaving some bar soap on whiskers for a bit, hot water splash, proto-lather
Lather: Stirling Naked and Smooth
Post-shave alum block
Hot shower
Hyaluronic Acid
Stirling Unscented Menthol with Witch Hazel & Aloe

Pressed hard on cap to see how it would work. It works great if you practice with it. I don’t. Burn and weepers. Very close, very uncomfortable.

Later that night, health scare with my Bride that turned out worse than expected. Getting handled now. Love when medical folks earn their reputation and this team did. Current hospital working what I feel to be miracles so far, too. Competent medical professionals are rare and I appreciate them greatly.

This morning’s shave
2013-R41 Mühle with Maggards MR3 handle
Dorco ST-300 (2)
Pre-shave: hot water face wash leaving some bar soap on whiskers for a bit, hot water splash, proto-lather
Post-shave lather: Stirling Naked and Smooth
Post-shave alum block
Hot shower

Three light passes, a few weepers here and there and the ST-300 felt dead on use two. Minimal alum sting, post-shave feel is close and comfortable. While blades and soaps may change, I think the razor that prompted me to join B&B to get to its secret club will be my daily driver.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Three light passes, a few weepers here and there and the ST-300 felt dead on use two. Minimal alum sting, post-shave feel is close and comfortable. While blades and soaps may change, I think the razor that prompted me to join B&B to get to its secret club will be my daily driver.

Try a Feather.

Glad to hear things with your wife are going well.

Later that night, health scare with my Bride that turned out worse than expected. Getting handled now. Love when medical folks earn their reputation and this team did. Current hospital working what I feel to be miracles so far, too. Competent medical professionals are rare and I appreciate them greatly.

Hope all goes well for you and yours my friend.

Three light passes, a few weepers here and there and the ST-300 felt dead on use two.

It might be fun to start a best blade search in The Beast.

thombrogan

Tuesday night’s shave:
MMOC
GEM PTFE (8))
Post-shave alum block
Hot shower
Hyaluronic Acid

Pressed hard on cap to see how it would work. It works great if you practice with it. I don’t. Burn and weepers. Very close, very uncomfortable.

This morning’s shave
2013-R41 Mühle with Maggards MR3 handle
Dorco ST-300 (2)
Post-shave lather: Stirling Naked and Smooth
Post-shave alum block
Hot shower

Prayers and best wishes for your Brides speedy recovery Thom.

Top Bottom