What's new

(Slaps link to thread) You Can Fit So Much Wrong In This Journal

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@Guido75 , being shoved into a bathroom so the family can have peace and quiet counts as levitating.

@Slock , interesting…. I don’t know what to tell you. Have you tried chanting at Guido’s home?

@flask28 , I soaked and loaded my two piggies in the Wickhams as part of their non-use breaking in, so that may negatively affect the puck’s longevity.

@Guido75 , being shoved into a bathroom so the family can have peace and quiet counts as levitating.

@Slock , interesting…. I don’t know what to tell you. Have you tried chanting at Guido’s home?

@flask28 , I soaked and loaded my two piggies in the Wickhams as part of their non-use breaking in, so that may negatively affect the puck’s longevity.
Chanting at Gudio's home would be a geographically challenging endouvour.

thombrogan

Brother Slock, immigration is the sincerest form of flattery.

Maybe renting a place in Sint Joost so you can be near B&B pals in not only the Netherlands, but also Belgium and Germany?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm sitting here, after rowing 6000 meters... fighting off the urge to get a shave in... successfully, I might add. We had a lot of errands to run today and the row was tough today. I'm not breaking any world records, but I am keeping my times around the same point most of the time. That last 1000 meters was brutal today.

I think I'll get a shave in tomorrow. ;)

thombrogan

FFFMM

Last night’s luxury shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower and a dollop of aloe
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Mentholated Equate Moisturizer

Lightness ruled the roost for last night’s shave. My favorite part was finding the angles on my chin that didn’t tug going ATG. Even with a popping’ fresh GEM blade, a very Guillotine-like presentation was needed to keep the edge from hanging up in the whiskers and pull more than cut.

The upper lip; unlikely scourge of the unshimmed Micromatic; was shaved without irritation. To ruin any impression of success, the tiniest weeper presented right under the middle of the nose.

There was another very tiny weeper on my neck because I was weed-whacking some whiskers. Still, no aftershave sting, so yay me.

One week of FFFMM shaves left and it’s all coming together.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

🥷 Ninja Art: Impulse Buy Jutsu

B05C1E2B-E7CE-427A-8DE4-EC714C9EE6D7.jpeg

Will find out about the blue ramen this weekend and the shaving cream next month.

thombrogan

Update:

Hatsune Miku ramen is yummy. It’s leek flavored and an unearthly blue with a hint of real chicken flavor.

thombrogan

FFFMM

GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (2)
Pre-shave: hot shower and a few drops of glycerin

Did two very light ATG passes and the results were pretty nice. Aftershave went “brrr” instead of karate chopping.

Wifey went with a pal to a medium show and they had a good time. Wanted Wee Babby and me to have activities while she gone so we weighed pros and cons of shooting range versus toddling in a shopping mall.

The mall was a less expensive alternative and had less sudden loud noises and fun for both of us. Downside, less cordite smell to wash off hands afterwards with pumice soap.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

FFFMM

GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (3)
Pre-shave: hot shower followed by a minute or so of waterboarding with shave binky

Did just under two ATG passes with a rinsing off between passes. Technique for using MMOC under nose without shimming and without incident is returning and solidifying. Surprise weeper on chin.

Leg and forearm exercises im the books for the day.

Wifey mad two types of falafel for dinner last night. We both agreed Levant falafel mix tastes better than Knorr.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

FFFMM

GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (4)
Pre-shave: hot shower followed by a minute or so of waterboarding with shave binky

Ran the lather a little richer with more soap and more water and my shave was comfortable and close
A teeny weeper on my left sideburn area and a slightly sensitive feeling overall this morning suggest too close. Compared to the other pre-shave practices and products I’ve tried, a little waterboarding after a shower is working best.

Teaching myself more isometric exercises and imagining the embarrassment of explaining them in social settings: “the key is to clutch your knees in a fetal position and squeeze until your upper middle back is spasming more than your shoulder blades. Where are you going?”

Happy shaves, everyone!

Top Bottom