Tonight’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (5)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Vie Long 24mm honse brush AP ShaveCo Silksmoke 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented and ARKO!, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

Trying the one edge and switch when dull approach and the edge went 4.5 passes. The previously unused edge was very efficient in comparison and shined a light on my shaving sins. Other sins to be admitted else. I’M SO SORRY, RAZOROCK F-400 XXL!

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency June

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (6)
AP ShaveCo Silksmoke 28mm synthetic brush

Played with the lawnmower and then moved peonies from one garden to another (lots of clawing through sod) after work today. Wifey wielded the new weed wacker wonderfully. After fun, sun, and bug bites by the ton, it was bath time.

After a cold shower that felt like a treat, Happy Razor Fun Time commenced. A shallow ATG pass and a little cleanup under the neck and I was close enough for the win!

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

The mosquitoes were, oddly, light, but the ones in the dirt tried to do their part. Such troopers

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I haven't seen any skeeters, but there are tons of tiny flying buggers that seem to make up for it. Not to mention it has been hitting triple digits for over a week.
I finally made roadkill out of the pocket gopher that had been wreaking havoc in my front and back yard for the last 6 months. Seems he had gotten tired of all the noise I was making in the back yard digging up roots, that he decided my front yard was open game. I tried traps, he just filled them up. He made fun of the pellets, just sprinkled them out of the holes the next day.
Finally the old garden hose trick flushed him out and a passing car took him out as he was scampering down the street.
I had thought it was a whole family as much damage as there was, now I only have about fifty holes to fill up. The guy was busy!

~doug~

thombrogan

High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
RazoRock “German” 37
Shark Platinum (1)
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush

I had remembered the RazoRock “German“ 37 shaved my chin easier than their JAWS razor and that seems to be as remembered, but JAWS shaves the rest of my face and neck easier. Even with the slightly extra effort needed, it was a quick, comfortable ATG shave.

Had gotten a bug in my brain to want a shorter-lofted synthetic brush, but my overall favorite gave me the lather I wanted in a high efficiency manner without me having a mess to wash off the floor later. I just saved $17-295!

The fresh Shark Platinum had me thinking “what if I stuffed a generally-regarded-as-sharp-like” in the JAWS?” and it’s barely used Shark Super Stainless got shunted to the bin while a Gillette Permasharp and its grody wax spots hopped into that razor. If my whiskers keep growing, I’ll find out.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (1)

Rabbit rabbit!

After the previous shave, I had loaded a Permasharp into the JAWS because I wanted more. More!

The RazoRock Hawk V3OC is More! So I loaded it with a fresh Proline and used it instead.

If you ever read the journal entries of @Raven Koenes ; as one does; you’ll notice every Fatip razor he happens to use on a given day is his favorite and he wonders why he’d ever choose any other razor ever.

Using the RazoRock Hawk V3OC felt that way, too, but without making allowances and accommodations for Fatip-style quality control. For face and neck shaves, the RazoRock Hawk V3OC gives that feeling you’re Bruce Campbell in “Army of Darkness” in the best way possible.

To my ucky whiskers, the Hawk V3OC tightly clamped the Proline and menaced:

”Listen up, you primitive screwheads! This is my BOOMSTICK!”

The shave was sublime. Even the whiskers I didn’t cut got cut. Maybe a little too close on some parts of my upper lip, but close! You know how a poorly skilled worker blames his tools? I’m an even more poorly skilled worker praising them! Praising them for More!

MOAR!!!

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

High Efficiency June

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (2)

Focused on lightening my touch. It kind of slowed things down, but that sensation of the whiskers popping is addictive. Also overshaved around parts of my jawline. Obviously too powerful a razor for me, but MOAR!

Used the RazoRock F-400 XXL for he shower again, but used it for palm lathering instead of brushing myself clean. Luxury increased from beyond adequate to outstanding and weirdness decreased from heresy to merely completely unacceptable.

Wee Babby had a fever tonight, but also had her sense of smell and taste, so hoping the Gatorade, ibuprofen, and sleep are the needed remedy. We’ll see.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (3)

Even better shave than the last two. Struggled to get the ATG part of some portions of my neck by making a few skewed angles with the blade. Decided XTG was worth a try and the skin beneath the whiskers agreed.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (4)

Another day of getting a little better at finding the correct angles and using a lighter touch. Much less overshaving, so yay! Suspecting the rich, yet heavily hydrated lather is more responsible for the efficiency of the shave than my razor’s blade exposure, but not enough to use another razor for at least the next few shaves.

Hoping our neighbors’ stash of majestic fireworks were used up at their cookout last night. It was quite the show and I’ll cherish memories more than further, random explosions like on the days leading up. Much better than previous neighbors that made then a fifty-one weekend event so there’s that.

Happy Independence Day to my fellow US citizens! They say the first 246 years are the toughest.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

High Efficiency July

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (5)

I remembered to change the month! Victory! Oh yeah, and I shaved, too. Getting asymmetrical, incremental improvements in my results. It’s at its most efficient at a neutral angle, but still has plenty of exposure for users seeking gentleness through steep or shallow angle shaving.

What bugs me is my desire to switch up razors for the sake of it. During the shave, it’s all: “This is the one! Time to get some distilled water and rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean off most of the razors and get them into better hands.” The next day, my mind is: “wouldn’t it be fun to use…”

Very blessed to have the affliction of too much.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

High Efficiency July

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (6)
RazoRock F-400 XXL 34mm synthetic brush

For my shave the night before @Guido75 ’s birthday, I used a neutral angle. The efficiency jumped and the comfort plummeted. That showed me!

As our pal is on another continent, he won’t have to see my scraped face and I won’t feel tempted to break my diet with a slice of his birthday cake and then ransack the countryside for fresh stroopwafels and meet my demise from a fatal stomping. Today he will celebrate without a stroopwafel-stomping martyr on his conscience.

On Uncle Sam’s birthday, I ordered some Wickham’s 1912 Club Cola shave soap. Should be here soon.

Happy shaves, everyone!

High Efficiency July

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (6)

For my shave the night before @Guido75 ’s birthday, I used a neutral angle. The efficiency jumped and the comfort plummeted. That showed me!

As our pal is on another continent, he won’t have to see my scraped face and I won’t feel tempted to break my diet with a slice of his birthday cake and then ransack the countryside for fresh stroopwafels and meet my demise from a fatal stomping. Today he will celebrate without a stroopwafel-stomping martyr on his conscience.

On Uncle Sam’s birthday, I ordered some Wickham’s 1912 Club Cola shave soap. Should be here soon.

Happy shaves, everyone!
Heal quickly Thom. I sort of did. And a stroopwafel is the cure to anything. That and Milka chocolate bars which I had after the shave!

Guido

thombrogan

I might have to become a morning shaver for that. And decide whether driving two towns over or using amzn Prime will cost less (can’t buy Dutch treats without being thrifty).

thombrogan

High Efficiency July

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (7)
Pre-shave: none
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

Back to MOAR and back to mentholated aftershave.

Prep for tonight’s shave was loading soap like something was wrong with me followed by face lathering and adding water like under hydrated lather was what was wrong with me. The Guillotine Stroke/Gillette Slide, zigzagging, and the tiniest of j-hooks were present in the shave. The cap was surfed heathenistically and a fine shave was enjoyed.

Seven days in on my return to the RazoRock Hawk V3OC and I’m getting the hang of it. One day back on eschewing pre-shave prep and I’m enjoying that, too.

Our Wee Babby had pals over tonight. One left a box of caramel stroopwafels. If they’re hear on Sunday, they’re moving into my belly.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Shave mail:

8D246D79-99EC-4CBF-824C-1D48045444D4.jpeg

Apologies to @Esox , but that’s not my hippocampus associates with lemon merengue pie.

Something to try after I enjoy the amazingly nice smelling SV samples, I guess. The Col Conk ARKO! amalgamation is steadily disappearing and the soap-loading bowl shall be free.

Top Bottom