What's new

Slants?

For all those claiming the German 37 is better than the merkur can you point to some specific difference (blade gap, exposure, etc) with the design as to why? Others like leisureguy have said they are the exact same which leads me to believe that it may just be personal bias.

I found the exact opposite. Slants made me pay more attention and improved my technique. I get much better shave now with my straight bar razors then before I picked up a slant.

What I found (on one shave only) and read a few places online with similar results is that the slant causes it to work well at several different angles so it isn't as angle finicky as many other razors. I do think most razors seem to be somewhat forgiving before causing pain or irritation as long as you are close on angle, and the slant has more angles where it will give you good shaving performance. However, the blade exposure at parts of it is pretty large so use much pressure and it may cut you up. I didn't use much pressure, and the only cuts I had were where I had skin imperfections that were above the level of the rest of my skin (pimple, healing cuts from before), so that part is more from reputation.

Top Bottom