I've been eyeing up the Filament...

1664320238581.png

Hey, you said it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My ATT S1 base plate finally arrived!

S1 base plate feels quite different from S2. It is very mild and super smooth.

Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. It was out for delivery, but that's out on the truck and not in my hands. Maybe today?

I'm also excited to try it. How will I compare it with the S2 I've had a long time. I like the S2, but I feel its teeth a bit more than I'd prefer. I'm looking forward to that smooth bar.

Thanks for the mini review.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Slantember Wednesday was a beautiful shave:

Razor(s): RR German 37 and SLOC
Blade(s): Chrome Platinums in both. Definitely becoming a favorite.
Brush: Razorock Chubby
Soap: Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose Patchoulli. I usually neglect putting my cologne on after this because it just smells that good.

My last entry in Slantember.

Walbusch B5 (white version) and a Wizamet
Rubberset 400 with a Badger/Boar Mixed knot.
De Vergulde Hand

Besides the rareity of the White B5's this example has a cracked baseplate so I am extremely careful about using and storing it.

Enjoy the last two days of Slantember - Happy shaves all.

sotd220929.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SLANTemper Version 5 SEptember 29th 2022

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant with a modified Gem Micromatic handle, excellent upper mid range, this razor likes a light touch with a Steep angle(riding the bar) with a short handle and I get stellar results. Well made of 316 stainless steel with very high QC machining, also a nice polish finish overall. Very happy with my shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Nacet (2) Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Good pairing with the Wunderbar with a light touch, whiskers did not stand a chance.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier , nice unique scent(Aramis classic?) + excellent lather qualities, Yaqi commissioned Master Soap Creations S.A to make a line of soap and aftershaves. I enjoy using it, good protection and post feel.
Brush : Yaqi Robin 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel soap residual cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar with a Nacet blade.
SOTD Septemper 29 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Gentile
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (8)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle (Splash)
038_01_21.jpg

I had a very good shave on day eight with this blade. I haven't flipped it or done anything. Once it is in it's good to go until I'm done with it. I'm thinking I need to switch up to my new favorite razor and blade, to be determined. :001_tongu

Top Bottom