Fumbling about.
9-26-22.Konsul.CanadaSS.SV.Tortoise.640.JPG

Tue 27 Slantember
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Yaqi Slant
Blade Personna Super Med Prep 5th
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
What an awesome lather from this soap...love it!
Excellent shave with this razor paired with the blade. 3 easy smooth and comfortable passes for a dfs result...
20220927_104053.jpg

Once again the influence of B&B has put a (small) dent in the wallet - I ordered a PAA Filament Slant to see how it compared to the Fasan I posted earlier in the month (Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 5 | 2022 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/slantember-used-to-be-september-is-for-slants-version-5-2022.628703/page-7#post-11923400) It's just a bit longer and lighter than the old Fasan slant but otherwise a creditable counterfeit .. not a bad shave by any definition, there is some tendency towards chatter & it took some extra buffing, but got to DFS level with the aid of some Schapenmelk & the Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger .. finished with some AV.

View attachment 1528466
I've been eyeing up the Filament too. So far I have mightily resisted buying one. The influence of B&B is strong, especially during Slantember because slants are just so darn cool!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SLANTemper V5, SEptember 27th, 2022

Razor : Yaqi slant- Mfg 2019, well built, interesting side shields for added strength but can make getting the blade out a little harder, this aggressive slant likes a steep angle(riding the bar) and it will reward a person with excellent shaves. I place a blade shim underneath because of lots of blade reveal and it becomes one of the best slants I ever used of my 3 slants it seems. It will bite when careless with my old flabby face skin as we age a little(skin stretching slightly works).
Blade : Gillette silver blue (5) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream:001_wub:, nice mild minty Lavender with excellent lather qualities. Ach Brito is a Classic soap company and have been around for over 130 yrs based in Portugal.
Brush : Yaqi Aqua 24mm high mountain silver tip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber, excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda AS:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small nick =:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi slant with a GSB blade.
SOTD Septemper 27 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Gentile
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (7)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle (Splash)
036_01_21.jpg

I'm thinking the Big Ben Super Stainless may be my favorite blade in the whole universe.

It hasn't been my usual Slantember. On the road, away from the den, small shared washbasins, not so many shaves.

Today I used my pseudo-Merkur 36. Modern Merkur short/skinny handle graced by a RazoRock German 37 head. Tabac tallow for another German note paired with a Feather of uncertain vintage blade-jacked from my cabinet dwelling Karve.

DFS+, actually.
C8017A30-D620-49F0-AEE2-2397FFC8F8CA.jpeg

Top Bottom