Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Gentile
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (5)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle (Splash)
043_01_21.jpg

I'm continuing with my Lo Storto Gentile, Big Ben Super Stainless, Trafalgar T3, Stirling Dreamsickle soap, and Stirling Dreamsickle splash to top it off. One might think I'm a minimalist. I certainly do. I have it narrowed down to this kit when using it.
1615077160181.png

September 19, 2022

Pre-shave: Noxzema face wash + hyaluronic acid serum
Razor: ATT S1 Slant (Timeless titanium handle)
Blade: Nacet
Lather: Turtleship Patchouli

Marvelous shave this evening, heavy on the patchouli. Turtleship makes an excellent soap, and if you want to bring back your hippie days their patchouli scent is great. Same for Stirling's Glastonbury aftershave ... the patchouli is strong in this one.

The ATT S1 Slant gave me its usual outstanding performance with a new Nacet. Damn this thing shaves great.
Patchouli Shave.jpg

Missed a couple of days due to traveling and rolling right into work. Sunday was a day without a shave.

Monday (yesterday):

Razor(s): RR Wunderbar and GC .84
Blade(s): BIC and IDK!
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Soap: RR Irish Countryside

Slantember Tuesday (today)

Razor(s): RR German 37 and SLOC
Blade(s): Gillette Silver Blue - in both
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Soap: B&M Le Grand Chypre

Today was a very smooth and great-smelling shave!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SLANTemper V5, Tuesday, 2022.

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant + modified MMOC handle- Mfg 2017> mid>upper mid range depending on your technique, I ride the bar and use a short handle seems to work well for myself, excellent machining QC for accuracy and finish, I get usually excellent results.
Blade : Gillette Silver blue(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonble longevity.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood, excellent 5-6/10 scent strength of sandalwood + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Cavern lake 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber with some backbone + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood:001_wub: + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a GSB blade.
SOTD Septemper 20 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm enjoying hearing about everyone's kit and shaves. Of course, it's the photos I love which prove the shaves are real.

9-20-22.PAA.Glow.CanadaSS.SV.Tortoise.640JPG.JPG

Today the razor of choice was the PAA glow-in-the-dark gimmick called El Fantasma. Used at the most extreme angle, as steep as possible, it's an excellent razor. I like it very much. The shave is close. The gap is almost non existent. It feels smooth and mild.

The handle is almost touching my skin.

Happy shaves,

Jim

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm out of slants, so today I needed to do-over with the Coles Slant equipped with a Plus Platinum blade .. some classic Mama Bear's Dragons Blood was worked up with a Paladin Moe in Kryptonite Ebonite .. staying Green I finished with some Osage Rub ..

DSC00756.JPG

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday September 21, 2022 (SLANTember 4th? 5th? Bah.)
Razor: Pre-1970 Merkur 37
Blade: Pre-2023 Astra SP (4)
Brush: Pre-2019 Omega 10005
Soap: OH Peppermint Trip

IMG_0655[1].JPG

Hauled this old bugger out this morning. As one would expect, a lovely shave.

O.H.

Top Bottom