What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 4 | 2021

Earlier today I used the Wunderbar with a Silver Star installed, found it to be a fantastic combo, glad I changed my mind on getting rid of this razor

Attachments

• 20210923_110310.jpg
    20210923_110310.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday September 24, 2021 (SLANTember 6cd)
Razor: Merkur "Super Slant"
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Soap: Yardley

IMG_0557[1].JPG

It's a Hollywood stereotype. The guy with that ONE obsession finally gets the date that he's been scheming and dreaming about, only to discover that the other person slurps their soup, sniffles constantly and f**ts in bed. Cue the credits, Mr. Goldwyn; we're done here.

So much for Hollywood. Now let's talk about real life. My personal notes in my shave diary notebook for today read, "Wow."

I know not to over-celebrate a razor on the first use. But dang. This thing deserves an altar.

The razor we call the "Super Slant" is probably the ultimate razor for a week themed "Out of the Shadows." The shadows, unfortunately are due to the loss of production and sales documentation when Merkur sold out of the family in the 1990s. The current folks at Merkur/DOVO can't be much help because they just don't have the records any more.

I've been -- and still am -- buried in the rabbit hole over this razor. What is known about it is scattered here and there across the Internet in several languages, with the additional challenge that the only primary sources available are the actual razors themselves. I'm digging and pulling things together, and hope to collate as much of that information as I can find into one document that can be hosted here for posterity. So far I've made no unique discovery. I'm very much standing on the shoulders of giants, and am supremely thankful for their efforts.

So Junge, how was the shave? Two passes: WTG/ATG. A little cleanup. BBS. Rinse it off and do the "Snoopy Dance."

O.H.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
@Old Hippie, you my need to pull Clouds in for a Superslant interrogation...

I've hit up Claudio and a couple of others -- they are being most helpful!

A lot of the information is hidden here on B&B -- the obvious keywords are only partially successful, and some of the people involved have wandered off. But there are some ripples in the pond that are suggestive!

O.H.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Slantember 2021
Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Beehive (28mm Synbad)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
20210924_150224~2.jpg

The FOCS is a superb slant! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Sept Stirling Slant Sat 25 SOTD
Soap Stirling Mountain Man
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14
Razor Yaqi Slant
Blade JAWS Platinum 2nd + Double Shim
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice + Stirling Frost Drops
Nice pleasant scent from the soap. The lather is nicely creamy and slick too.
A very nice, smooth, and comfortable shave with this slant paired with the blade plus 2 shims. Blade chatter is further reduced resulting in enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were very good too.
20210925_100556.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantemper Sept 25th 2021

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> Excellent slant razor, some blade overhang, some minor adjusting of blade.
Blade: Polsilver SI (3) Great blade Sharp & smooth with good longevity, I like to cork this blade on 1st shave(iridium is a hard coating), enjoyable blade.
Soap: Razorock XXX- nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 22 mm Cola synthetic, excellent lather generator, precision lather applier, soft cloud like tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturiser balm( excellent + scentless)
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant + a Polsilver SI blade.

SOTD,  Sep 25th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom