What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 4 | 2021

Although I have only tried a few, in my belief and based on what has been reported, Above the Tie's entire lineup shaves smoothly. Have you, perchance, had an opportunity to compare the S1 with the Windsor?

my experience with ATT is currently limited to just the S1. Based on the fit and finish it is clear to me the razors are quality. As far as specific shaving characteristics of different razors in their line up, I apologize but I do not know. What I do know is the S1 is magically smooth

Slantember 28th

ATT S1 slant // w/ nacet

couldn’t seem to find the angle today for some reason to start, perhaps feeling rushed. The blade just wasn’t working as anticipated.

Finally, to finish off pesky stubble in trouble neck spots, switched out to a Wilk sword (India) for a bbs with zero irritation. This is surprising (in a good way) because I went over trouble spots numerous times. Had I tried this with my brass Karve there would have been irritation galore

Sept Stirling Slant Wed 29
Soap Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Yaqi 24mm Clear Handle Synthetic
Razor Yaqi Slant on a RR BarberPole handle
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 2nd + Double Shim
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon + HA + Stirling Iced Pineapple
I like this soap scent...not sure can be extended to the AS. The soap lather is the usual nice creamy and slick...
This shave with the razor paired with the blade was just acceptable. Lots of chattering...especially on the atg pass despite using double shims. Results were sas only. Aftershaves were awesome though.
20210929_114130.jpg

Legendary...

I finally came to the shaving part of the day a little after 11pm and only slightly later than Chard52142 posted his shave from tomorrow.

Wanton Tech slant with Rapira Swedish Supersteel (5)
Omega 10066 boar and...
... the legendarily bad Lightfoot's Pure Pine Aromatic Gentlemen's Shave Creme Soap

9D5C7D0F-A8EC-4C3E-87F9-E721AF77D20F.jpeg

Even at 11pm I had to pull rank and jump the bathroom queue. So it was a quick shave and no true test of razor or soap. It was an incident-free high end CCS, so Lightfoot's did a decent face lubricating job under time pressure.

I bought this soap, without checking B&B, for two reasons: the company is based in Cranston, Rhode Island and I was bored and killing time in an overpriced gifts and cards shop while the LOTH picked out birthday and wedding greetings. That's not usually how I make a puck decision, but at 4x Williams Mug, it is still a cheap soap. Same price as one birthday card, if you are willing to overpay for birthday greetings.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday September 29, 2021 (SLANTember 8nd)
Razor: FOCS
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Soap: Yardley Almond

IMG_0563[1].JPG

There it is, fresh from the fight. Oddly enough for most of the Fatips I read about it needs no blade adjustment; drop it in and go. Also oddly for many Fatips I read about it benefits from a shim under the blade, which bumps the shave from "too mild" to "mild enough to be interesting." And I added a handle from that famous shaving company, Harbor Freight. :)

In spite of all that or possibly because of it I had a great shave for SLANTember 8nd. Also the final shave of both SLANTember and SEptember. Now to pick out my outfit for OCtober...

O.H.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Is there an ATT X2?

Not yet of which I am aware. Seems like a logical next step but then I also thought a "G2" would be a logical next step. (...and while we're at it, a Sabre OC would be groovy, too!)

And so it was, however the "Economics of Niche Markets" couldn't attract enough investment in what was essentially a labour of love. I'm not seeing massive uptake on the X1, though so far I'm also not seeing a lot of guys pointing out that they could get coffee cans full of vintage versions of it for a buck apiece at any garage sale.

I'm grateful to have what we do. Sure, I'd like to have some icing on the cake; but it's good cake and I'm OK with that.

O.H.

Last edited:
20210929_164730.jpg

Fresh Nacet in La Criatura was a little too much for my face. Had some irritation, but no blood.

Last shave of Slantember for me. I've enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful slants, especially the rare or unique ones. Hopefully Santa brings me a FOCS I can show off next year. Might pick up one of those scary looking Yaqi slants too!

Top Bottom