What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 3 | 2020

Slantember 24 - slant Old Type / Rapira Platinum Lux (3)

One last travel shave. Finger lathered to keep the brush dry for transport, still got a very, very close and comfortable shave. sTCOT represents!

Arko, alum, no pix, loading the rig... homewards.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Bakelite slant today, light touch! Monsavon soap

full

Slantember SOTD
SOTD-FS-W_2020-09-24.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Fine Snake Bite
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Gillette Blue (4)
ASL: Fine Snake Bite

A fine shave! :laugh:

My new soap arrived today (to match the ASL). It was a very cool shave (pun intended).

Shaving around yesterday's accidental cut was a bit tedious. From the look of it I won't be able to shave over that area for about a week. It's kinda boring, like getting lines from the teacher, but that'll larn me. :yesnod: Looking on the bright side, it might help tweak my technique too. :smile1:

Happy shaves guys! :001_smile

Thursday September 24
Ten minute hot shower
Lo Storto
Feather
Zenith Chubby Scrubby Boar B27 - 28mm x 55mm
Vitos Extra Super Coco
Osma Alum Block
T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Hyaluranoic Acid
Bull Dog Skin Care Moisturizer
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic

Months ago with another razor I thought there was a probability that a single use Feather may well be my routine and set up. I wanted to try out and measure other blades compare a couple of razors to determine it a good choice. My last Lo Storto shave removed any further speculation and doubt for me. There are many excellent blades in my inventory. Feather is my number one. Except for the brush. My kit is set and locked. Tonights shave pure enjoyment. Lo Storto is wielding my sharpest blade. My favourite soft as badger, Zenith Boar Chubby Scrubby brush. Vitos creamy lather. A wonderful BBS+ face and head shave. Lo Storto is exclusively locked on steep angle for me. Cutting strokes are smooth and clean. No hesitation through a five day growth. A couple of clean up strips along the chin line. A few extra touch ups on the back of the head swirls. Very little extra buffing. A superb ATG Single Pass shave. I’m not using shallow strokes anymore. They are not quite as close as steep strokes. No audio feedback with shallow strokes. A detail I prefer with a sharp blade. Lo Storto and Feathers shave performance on all my neck sensitive areas is the best I’ve had. I’m happy.

1C0852CB-0FC8-4A25-ACD5-015CDD23768F.jpeg

Although I didn't declare my participation, I've shaved everyday with my FOCS since late July. As I mentioned in the F.O.C.S. Fiends thread, every month is Slantember as far as I'm concerned!

Meanwhile, here's today's SOTD:

proxy.php

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 26mm Two-Band
Soap: RazoRock Black Label

Slantember shave #23
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Lather & Wood Pre-Shave Oil Unscented
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.
Very mild AV report says close enough.

Rating: 9.8/10

Although I didn't declare my participation, I've shaved everyday with my FOCS since late July. As I mentioned in the F.O.C.S. Fiends thread, every month is Slantember as far as I'm concerned!

proxy.php

Where did you get the cute little European badgers?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

proxy.php

Hidden participants are legion?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantember, Fri, Sept25th 2020

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> great mid range'
Blade: Personna red (6) excellent blade with my slants, good longevity + sharp +& smooth.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- nice scent & one of my favorites with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24mm syn- excellent for a scrub and is as close to my omega boar brush feel,Soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant.
DE SOTD, Fri, Sept 25th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday September 25, 2020
Razor: Fasan Metal Double Slant
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Soap: OH Puck!

IMG_0418[1].JPG

It was a beautiful 3-pass shave this morning. The blade's showing a bit of use, particularly in a razor that I've already discovered does better with a fresher blade. Five isn't extreme by any means, but I generally bin these after six. That'll be Monday, and I'll give it to the Wunderbar again. In my experience the Wunderbar really perks up that last shave, but if I get chintzy and try to get one more it's a little on the rough side.

I was amused this morning. In the Shave Cave with a nice basin of warm water, red cedar soap, a nice big cup of coffee, and just groovin' on the whole scene. I felt like it must have taken me an hour to rinse the razor for the last time, but it turned out to be my usual time when I looked at the clock afterward. Gotta love that! Much better than a quick shave that turns into an hour you don't have.

O.H.

Top Bottom