What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 3 | 2020

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
9-19-20.UnbleachedWoodZenith.Vitos.FOCS.480.JPG

Slantember 19 - FOCS / Gillette Platinum

This is the day! My May 31 brush order finally leapt every pandemic hurdle and arrived from Portugal. I can highly recommend Portuguese Factory, but the combined postal forces of Portugal and the USA had crushed my hopes of ever seeing a Semogue SOC boar.

Prep: RazoRock Green Label stick and cherry SOC
Slant: FOCS
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Soap: Murphy&McNeil Ouroboros
Brush: Solid Set / Shave Forge boar knot
After: alum, Richard's Rub, 4RUM BB
127D3CDD-AD9D-45B6-A34B-D64E8C9B7367.jpeg

Saturday September 19
Ten minute hot shower
Lo Storto
Feather
OUMOBRUSH SHD SILK HMW Slivertip Knot -26x60mm OUMOBRUSH Acrylic & Wood handle
Vitos Extra Super Coco
Osma Alum Block
T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Hyaluranoic Acid
Bull Dog Skin Care Moisturizer
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic

Oumo‘s Silvertip cloud softness caressed Vitos luxurious lather into a memorable shave. The 26mm knot has an explosive 35mm bloom at handle lip. The 47mm loft from glue bump feels shorter. A perpetual soft scrub always in play. Little effort is required delivering beautiful lather with big soft comfort. An easy brush to use and my favourite badger.

Lo Storto and a Feather blade are a lock for me. My best shave to date. Todays shave an above average BBS+, ATG Single Pass face and head. My DE journey complete. I doubt I can find anything else to improve my shave. Face and head skin has a relaxed glow with exceptional comfort. This was the closest smoothest neck shave I’ve had. No buffing required along the chin line. Lo Storto‘s performance improved noticeably with Feathers sharpness. A combination which had me buffing my moustache area ATG in total comfort. Overall a minimum of buffing is required with the Feather. I used shallow strokes on my cheeks. The remaining face and head shave was all steep. I loaded a fresh Feather for next shave. Seventy-two shaves a year won’t break the bank on single use Feathers. A brush rotation will be the big excitement in my DE shaves going forward.

1C25649A-D56F-4391-B7AE-77E89EE92F0F.jpeg

Slantember shave #18
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette 7O’Clock Super Stainless (Green) (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Saturday
Slantember Shave #10
20200919_203420~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale :001_wub:
Blade: Bolzano (4)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (IBO) (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Fragrance: Shades Of Blue For Men EdT Spray (Belcam Version Of Light Blue Pour Homme)

WTG,ATG,XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Really a pleasure to use this combination. :)

The FOCS Rocks! :cool:

Outstanding shave! :)

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Sunday Shave

Razor: Fatip Classic Lo Storto Slant Open Comb
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Proraso
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3

I used my very last Astra SP today, a blade I've never particularly liked, but would try once or twice a year in different razors because they're so popular. However, I do get along fine with Astra SS blades. Anyway, today's shave with the Astra SP worked out quite well in the Fatip razor, but there are still other blades that I prefer and will not be buying any more Astra SP blades. My several years long experiment with the Astra SP has finally concluded. Yay!
20200920_111020_kindlephoto-5979310_0.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
9-20-20.RV-Beehive.SS StealthSlant.Vitos.640.JPG

SS Stealth Slant. It's a lot bigger than it looks to be here. Yes, I know it looks big here.

MySlants.640.9-20-20.NiceJPG.JPG

All my slants have been used at least once this Slantember. The one in front is my favorite. The others are more or less lined up from 1st Runner Up to Honorable Mention. I don't hate any of them, but most get used only in September. Today's choice was very dusty.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Has anyone used both the RR SS Stealth Slant (see previous post) & the RR Wunderbar enough to compare them for me?

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
View attachment 1157590

SS Stealth Slant. It's a lot bigger than it looks to be here. Yes, I know it looks big here.

View attachment 1157591

All my slants have been used at least once this Slantember. The one in front is my favorite. The others are more or less lined up from 1st Runner Up to Honorable Mention. I don't hate any of them, but most get used only in September. Today's choice was very dusty.

Happy shaves,

Jim
The SS Stealth Slant reminds me of Thor's hammer. You can name it Mjölnir. 😉

Top Bottom