What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 3 | 2020

I have enjoyed Slantember so much. The 🦊 is truly a fantastic razor. Smooth as a Tech yet mows hair like a Red Tip. I really do not think anything comes close in the complete package. It will continue to be my daily driver.

My learning experience has been comprised of several realizations. Slant DE razors do things that even the best non-slants cannot. I have thought about it a great deal and my conclusions (which admittedly may evolve) are that twisting the blade does a few things which greatly enhance the razor’s ability to be smooth yet supremely efficient.

It creates a tension in the blade that greatly stiffens it to remove all chatter. The twist combined with the bend of the blade’s normal arc just makes it rigid and rigid IS smooth.

I think the blade striking the hair at an angle does cut easier which results in less tugging and less tugging further results in the smoothness of the experience.

I am a convert to slants and while I love the vintage Gillette razors I own, the slants have won in the enjoyment of shaving category.

I found a Wunderbar from another forum thanks to 4 members sending me the information 🤠 which further shows how awesome this group of people are. It is on the way.

For my last Slantember shave I chose the PBOCS. Partly because it spanked me the second time I used it because I was in a rush. I took my time and was rewarded with a CLOSE and perfect shave with zero blood. This razor demands your perfect attention.

5D675E84-A51A-4B6A-A87D-89F86430E0CB.jpeg

Thanks to all who participated, now lets take the 🦊 over to OCtober and dominate with it 😃

🦊 🦊 🦊👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Slantember 2020 #11
20200930_143511~2.jpg

Primary Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (5)

Touch-up Razor: Schick Type E
Blade: Schick (4)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Knot)
Lather: Speick Stick
Aftershave: Speick
Fragrance: G Eàu Bronze EDT Spray (Belcam Version Of Acqua Di Gio Absolu)

Additional post-shave skin care:
20200923_124752~2.jpg

WTG,ATG,XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Really a pleasure to use this combination. :)

Outstanding shave! :)

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Oh, right. Slantember. I've been shaving almost exclusively with slants for the last five months. OK...[/snark] :)

I'll take a couple weeks to carve myself up with other styles, and be ready to roll on Sept. 1nd or as soon after that as I need a shave.

Wow. So many options. I'll have to consider them. The ATT S2 for sure, also the X1. The RR SSS V3. Oh, right. I have a FOCS now. It will probably still be out in the Lather Pit because it's going to be my cleanup razor for the barber straights. Dang. That's four right there. Too easy, like teasin' yer sister.

*Koff*...probably shouldn't mention that next month is also SEptember but this year I have an SE slant! Yay. Shave two birds with one razor.

And a few OC razors to keep out for OCtober, too.

I love the holidays!

O.H.

Top Bottom