What's new

Slant Razor = Softer Beard Edge?

Hi,

I recently read somewhere that the beard following a shave with a Slant razor has a softer edge compared to a regular/straight DE razor. This is because of the slicing action of the Slant razor. Have you experienced this yourself?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hi,

I recently read somewhere that the beard following a shave with a Slant razor has a softer edge compared to a regular/straight DE razor. This is because of the slicing action of the Slant razor. Have you experienced this yourself?
Makes sense.

I know the implement that you cut a hair shaft with makes a BIG difference in the health of the hair after a haircut.

GENERALLY speaking, scissors leave a "blunt" ended shaft, razor cuts are very tapered, extremely so on the shaft, and electric clippers leave a nearly perfect 45° angle on the end.

I'm thinking that it's not out of the range of possiblity that a slant head razor would leave the stubble a bit "softer" so to speak?

Brother Tekade, your question is a little unclear to me. What you are asking can be interpreted several ways.

In my experience a slant razor leaves the tips of the whiskers (when they grow out in 24 hours) sliced at a slanted angle, and therefore microscopically pointed. They have a slightly more sharp feel than whiskers cut with a non-slanted razor. They definitely are not "softer." Just the opposite.

My main experience with slant razors is with the Merkur 37, which is a medium aggression slant razor.

Top Bottom