What's new

Slant Razor Advice

Thank You Everybody,

I usually check out his site while at work during my break, it's a nice change of pace. However, I've beeen crazy busy lately and so I haven't revistied this site or my post in quite some time and when I have, I've been timed out. I apologize for what may have been perceived as insolence. I promise ya it's not so.
Thanks for all the responses. You've given me enough info to go forward. I'll let ya know were I land. Seriously though, the difference in the shave from the 34 to the 37 was dramatic. I may be giving too much credit to the slant, but I am currently convinced I am on the correct path.
Please feel free to disagree.

Your Friend,
Al

M

mtcn77

Thank You Everybody,

I usually check out his site while at work during my break, it's a nice change of pace. However, I've beeen crazy busy lately and so I haven't revistied this site or my post in quite some time and when I have, I've been timed out. I apologize for what may have been perceived as insolence. I promise ya it's not so.
Thanks for all the responses. You've given me enough info to go forward. I'll let ya know were I land. Seriously though, the difference in the shave from the 34 to the 37 was dramatic. I may be giving too much credit to the slant, but I am currently convinced I am on the correct path.
Please feel free to disagree.

Your Friend,
Al
I don't disagree, just don't develop a passion for J-Hooks. They are the worst.

I don't disagree, just don't develop a passion for J-Hooks. They are the worst.
Whhhaaaaaaat?
Please excuse my idiocy here, but J-Hooks? Is that a reference to Slant Razors? I apologize in advance for my massive ignorance.
Big Al

M

mtcn77

Whhhaaaaaaat?
Please excuse my idiocy here, but J-Hooks? Is that a reference to Slant Razors? I apologize in advance for my massive ignorance.
Big Al
J hooks are shaving strokes where you make the razor turn to an almost U-turn, but stop it midway.

J hooks are shaving strokes where you make the razor turn to an almost U-turn, but stop it midway.
3 years now...I ain't that green. I do know the direction of my beard, however I admit I am always working on the technique. But I still appreciate the support of the Peeps. Bring it!
Al

M

mtcn77

I thank you properly mtcn77. I am less ignorant now. Coolio right?
I hope I didn't come across as too demanding.

It is just that Merkur 37C is still the most enjoyable razor for me and I wish it were all pleasant between us, like you and your razor.

It really affords you a peace of mind, not to chase every advice people share in the internets.

Happy shaves with your 37C. :001_smile

If you can accept the manufacturing quality of RazoRock GameChanger, RazoRock Wunderbar will definitely satisfy you.
View attachment 1252192

A bit curious..what's not acceptable about the RR quality of make. Their razors are tumble finished for keeping tolerances tight and yet they are beautiful razors. So many vendors sell brushed metal finish with machine marks which are also cool to look at use.

Being a shave instrument tight tolerances are a thing for me..

The Maggard slant is a good mild slant, it's silent yet very efficient.Never had any blade alignment issues.

The RazoRock German 37 is similar to the older generation merkur 37c and more aggressive than the current make merkur 37c

ATT s1 is an amazing smooth and efficient slant. Really a joy to use with precise blade alignment.

The RazoRock Wunderbar is the pinnacle of smoothness and efficiency.. however it needs one to use it with proper technique else it will draw blood. I've not had any nicks and cuts once I mastered it - just spectacular bbs shaves.

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements make the PAA open comb slant which is pretty cool and efficient.. however can be rough to shave.

They also have the cnc milled aluminum PAA alpha ecliptic slant modeled on the rare German bakelite Walbusch "Humpback" Slant (Walbusch & Sohnes). It needs unusual technique due to its shape but gives an exemplary shave once you get the hang of it.

I am awaiting the fatip open comb slant (FOCS) and the Parker semi slant to be delivered to me..wait is on...

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
A bit curious..what's not acceptable about the RR quality of make. Their razors are tumble finished for keeping tolerances tight and yet they are beautiful razors. So many vendors sell brushed metal finish with machine marks which are also cool to look at use.

Being a shave instrument tight tolerances are a thing for me..

I am expressing to this post that since he has already bought RR GC, Wunderbar has the same precise production as GC, staying ahead in its price range, and is a high-quality choice. :)

If he wants to obtain the polished qualities of a werewolf, that is a more stringent requirement.

Top Bottom