What's new

Slant: Only or Rotation?

Almost Exclusively...

I have two slants, the HD and Barber Pole. They get the brunt of the shaving duties. I will also rotate in a Futur and a 12C.

I will also try some Gillettes, like the Vampire Diplomat to compare the shaves.

So far, the Slant is still king!

I've got a barber pole slant, a vintage Merkur slant, and there's a Pomco slant on the way right now. I've also got a WWII German bakelite slant that is not usable due to a series of chips along the end cap. I still use all of my other DE and SE razors too though.

I am a straight shaver who uses my gold slant when I am pressed for time or simply want a change. It's a fantastic shaver. I get a BBS, long lasting shave with no irritation.

Almost Exclusively...

I have two slants, the HD and Barber Pole. They get the brunt of the shaving duties. I will also rotate in a Futur and a 12C.

I will also try some Gillettes, like the Vampire Diplomat to compare the shaves.

So far, the Slant is still king!

Vampire Diplomat?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would keep a slant in the rotation if I still owned one... It's a great razor to shave with but I prefer open combs!

I use a HD slant for more than two years now and it is my daily shaver. I have also a Hoffritz slant and a vintage Merkur. Those are rather backups and collectibles. I have also a slim adjustable and a fatboy but they are not in use anymore.

It's in rotation. The only razors I own that see use equal to my Chessman slant are my HD and a British NEW.

I've got a barber pole slant, a vintage Merkur slant, and there's a Pomco slant on the way right now. I've also got a WWII German bakelite slant that is not usable due to a series of chips along the end cap. I still use all of my other DE and SE razors too though.

Sooo, you are the lucky one! I was watching it, but it slipped my mind and I didn't remember it until after it ended. :cursing: I have been watching for them and I think that you got the best price that I have seen in a while. Of course you would have paid a little more, if I had not forgotten! :wink: Be sure and let us know how it shaves for you. Still undecided between a vintage and a new one. Your thoughts on the subject? :biggrin:

It's in my rotation. I use it on days that I have very thick stubble (i.e. my day off), or when I feel like changing it up. I've got about 8 razors, but only 6 are in the rotation right now...

It's in my rotation. I use it on days that I have very thick stubble (i.e. my day off), or when I feel like changing it up. I've got about 8 razors, but only 6 are in the rotation right now...

So do you use your Slant as a two-day beard shaver only and not as a daily?

The reason I ask is the Slant may be to aggressive for my skin as a daily razor but may be a great heavy beard day shaver.

Still I'm keeping an open mind about the Slant as I be trying it later this week with Feathers blades for the first time.

So do you use your Slant as a two-day beard shaver only and not as a daily?

The reason I ask is the Slant may be to aggressive for my skin as a daily razor but may be a great heavy beard day shaver.

Still I'm keeping an open mind about the Slant as I be trying it later this week with Feathers blades for the first time.

Yeah, my stubble gets tough, but my skin is a tad sensitive. Also, I've just recently used my Feathers to great success. The next step is to use them in my slant....:scared:

Sooo, you are the lucky one! I was watching it, but it slipped my mind and I didn't remember it until after it ended. :cursing: I have been watching for them and I think that you got the best price that I have seen in a while. Of course you would have paid a little more, if I had not forgotten! :wink: Be sure and let us know how it shaves for you. Still undecided between a vintage and a new one. Your thoughts on the subject? :biggrin:

It depends on my mood. The vintage one I have is smaller than an HD, so it's a much different weight and balance. Once the Pomco gets here I'll have one of each size. :biggrin:

My rotation is based on where I am; if I am at our vacation/retirement condo where the slant is located I use it every day. Starting week four now.

Top Bottom