What's new

Slant HD vs Slant Barberpole?

Looking to purchase a Merkur Slant... Have read both reviews on them and am not sure which one to get... The regular Slant HD or the Slant Sledgehammer (39)... Anyways have been shaving w/ a SS and Fatboy for about 3 1/2 to 4 months and now ready to try a Slant.... I noticed the Sledgehammer is 4oz compared to the Fatboy & Slant HD at 2.8 oz.. Just wondering if 4oz is too heavy? Anyone have both? Which do you prefer?

Thx Jeff

I have the 39c. If I were to sell off all my razors and were allowed to keep only one DE, it would be the 39c. Coupled with the right blade, this is perfection!

Wait to hear from someone who has both

My shave today was with the 39c and a Derby (d2). No nicks, BBS. Same with red Personna. Haven't tried any other blades yet. But remember this: the razor is mighty heavy, so let gravity do the job. No need to push down on the razor.

yeah I am in no hurry so I probably won't order my slant for a few days... But more than likely I will go with the 39c.... Thx everyone for the advice...

Hi
I have a 38c and have been shaving with it for about a year, I also have an 11c and a SuperSpeed.
I really like the 38c using TESCO blades, I find them much better then Merkurs or Derbys, far less irritation.

I have ordered a 39c and it should arrive tomorrow. I have to say the 38c gives a wanderful shave, much better than my other two razors,I hope the slant is a little better otherwise it was a bit of a waste.

I also shave about twice a week with a straight, usually at weekends using a Dovo Shavette. The shavette gives the closest shave but always draws a few tiny spots of blood, nothin at all serious but you can tell its cutting right down to the skin. After the shave and the balm, you have a tremendous close shave,but it is a straight.

A little tip re the 38c that I discovered by error. Recently I wash my face and then apply a Tabac shaving stick to my face and rub it in with my fingers,no brush. The soap doesn't lather up, it just stays like a cream on your face, with some more on your fingers to re apply. I then shave WTG,XTG and ATG, just using the soap thats on my face. I couldnt believe the results,a total irritation free shave,time and time again. Has anyone else tried this.

Regards

They are both good but I like the 39C better. The long handle gives more leverage and the heavy ring under the head puts the weight where it does the most good. Whatever you do just start out applying no pressure. Let the weight of the razor do the work.

Top Bottom