What's new

Slant Discussion: I think I have been wrong all along

How do you shave with a slant?

• Right cheek towards the left cheek.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Well, there's a rabbit hole I never went down.

There are also slants that "go the other way" so I suppose if it really matters you can buy one of them and use it on whatever side of your face you feel is being neglected by the slant you already have. I've never noticed a problem, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem. Just not a problem for me.

I generally do three passes: WTG, WTG, ATG. I only shave XTG in a couple of spots where the angles are tricky. I prefer the shaves I get from slants over plain DEs, and even over some SE razors.

O.H.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I need to try a slant at some point, sounds like fun!

There are a bunch of fun ones about these days. Phoenix’s el Fantasma is fun and Ikon’s X3 is extremely smooth if used almost solely off the cap. I hear a lot folks love their Fatip Lo Storto Originale and Yaqi double open comb slants, too.

M

mtcn77

Hello, I have to bring up something else.
I have said that slants shave better in the direction of the downward corner; however the neck area is sensitive and it is somewhere the beard tends to grow more flat. In those parallel-to-the-skin growing beard lines, it might be easier to shave with the opposite corner of the razod facing forward - going from right to left.
So, make sure you don't get a bad experience! I got Adam's apple irritation because of not making an exception of it.

Top Bottom