What's new

Slant Aggressiveness Ranking

I would actually disagree. The Yaqi has a lot of blade feel, and is extremely efficient, but is not particularly aggressive.

I use mine in a daily 3 pass shave with no nicks, irritation, or anything bad. Smooth sailing.
I won't sell it just because I like threatening razors. I just think I haven't found the right blade for it yet. I only tried it with a 7 o clock "Black" blade. Very aggressive shave, but without the ATG pass I got DFS close to BBS. Can't blame it.

It's not the most beautiful head but I surely prefer it over Yaqi Helmet. The latter is like shaving with broken glass.

And where is the FOCS and PAA El Fantasma..........

You are right I forgot to place FOCS. In fact I bought my FOCS around August 2020 and tried several times with different blades. It surprised me with its mildness, I was expecting a more aggressive Slant combined with OC. But it is a mild slant and IMHO and deserves a spot on 4th. rank.

I never have the chance to experience PAA El Fantasma thus I remain quiet. It is sitting on the 15th rank in list but If you have any suggestion please feel free to change the list.

1RR Stealth
2Ikon X3
3Merkur 37C
4FOCS
5Parker Semi Slant
6Merkur 39C
7RR37
8Ikon 102
9ATT S1(CC)
10ATT S2 (OC)
11RR Wunderbar
12Maggard slant
15Phoenix Bakelite Slant (Phoenix Artisan Accourtement "PAA")
17Yaqi Slant
18Kabrand Slant

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I won't sell it just because I like threatening razors. I just think I haven't found the right blade for it yet. I only tried it with a 7 o clock "Black" blade. Very aggressive shave, but without the ATG pass I got DFS close to BBS. Can't blame it.

It's not the most beautiful head but I surely prefer it over Yaqi Helmet. The latter is like shaving with broken glass.
I bought mine March 2020. I think mine is version 3.
What?! So which one is the most aggressive? I bought mine 2-3 months ago.

The most recent version is the best. I bought mine from China rather than Australia, around November of 2020. Did you buy yours from Australia?

And where is the FOCS and PAA El Fantasma..........

Yaqi slant > FOCS for me at least.

Generally, try different blades. I like Feathers in every razor I have ever used. Not in the Yaqi slant. Super Max Super Platinum all the way!

Steep angle!!

Merkur 37... fairly aggressive, about the midpoint or so in the list, meaning toward the aggressive side.
Fine Superlite... aggressive, but doesn't really feel like it. It's efficiency makes it more toward the aggressive side. Great razor.
Yaqi... Very aggressive as its blade feel is just short of the Ikon Tech. For me, it's between R41 and Tech.
I guess there's aggressive feel, then there's efficiency. Knowing what I do and someone told me to pick one, I'd select the Fine. Damn fine razor. Mine is the older plastic, but so what?
I had the PAA slant but didn't like it, two shaves was enough, I remember it as being moderate, middle of the road.
Ikon X3, too mild for me, no blade feel, lame hair removal. Sold that one too.

That is definitely an older one

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
And those are worse? I can only say that that mine is "unpleasant". No cuts so far, but it's something to avoid
I think they were experimenting at the beginning.....maybe some feedback led to improvements..... most razors tend to be castrated over time

Eben Stone

Staff member
Mildest

1RR Stealth
2Ikon X3
3Merkur 37C
4Parker Semi Slant
5Merkur 39C
6RR37
7Ikon 102
8ATT S1(CC)
9ATT S2 (OC)
10RR Wunderbar
12Maggard slant
15Phoenix Bakelite Slant (Phoenix Artisan Accourtement "PAA")
17Yaqi Slant
18Kabrand Slant

Curious, why was the B1 removed?

And those are worse? I can only say that that mine is "unpleasant". No cuts so far, but it's something to avoid
I think they were experimenting at the beginning.....maybe some feedback led to improvements..... most razors tend to be castrated over time
I guess that's a little role reversal there.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I like my Yaqi slant, bought it in September and whilst at first I was a bit scared of it now I can do a 3 pass shave and get a BBS with no irritation, I was using it on a Parker handle but I have a Yaqi razor on the way so I won't have to use a washer to keep it tight

The most recent version is the best. I bought mine from China rather than Australia, around November of 2020. Did you buy yours from Australia?

Yaqi slant > FOCS for me at least.

Generally, try different blades. I like Feathers in every razor I have ever used. Not in the Yaqi slant. Super Max Super Platinum all the way!

Steep angle!!
No I got mine from China. Seems aggressive.

I have only 2 slants. The Hoffritz seems a bit milder than the Fatip Open Comb Slant, but neither is harsh or overly aggressive.

IMG_20201031_140029.jpg
IMG_20201031_140106.jpg
IMG_20201031_140059.jpg
IMG_20201031_140115.jpg

Top Bottom