What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Slant Aggressiveness Ranking

BradWorld

Contributor
I am quite surprised at the low rating for the Wunderbar. Its a beast of a razor. But it is quite smooth. If this list took "efficiency" into account, I think it would be quite different. The Wunderbar is a fairly aggressive and efficient razor, but its smoothness masks that quite a bit. I had a ton of slant razors, and the Wunderbar is the only one I have kept.

I would actually disagree. The Yaqi has a lot of blade feel, and is extremely efficient, but is not particularly aggressive.

I use mine in a daily 3 pass shave with no nicks, irritation, or anything bad. Smooth sailing.
I'm with @CzechCzar on this. The Yqqi looks scary, and when you start shaving with it the blade feel makes it feel scary, but it turns out to be very efficient but not very aggressive. I've yet to have any cuts, nicks or irritation from it. So far I've only used it with Personna Israeli Red blades. They are my go-to blade with a new razor, but I've generally found them to be quite similar in performance to Gillette Platinum or Silver Blue blades. I often use Bic Platinum and Feather blades, but I haven't tried those in my Yaqi as I find them to be a bit sharper and to add a slightly more aggressive edge to a razor that the Yaqi doesn't need.

I'm with @CzechCzar on this. The Yqqi looks scary, and when you start shaving with it the blade feel makes it feel scary, but it turns out to be very efficient but not very aggressive. I've yet to have any cuts, nicks or irritation from it. So far I've only used it with Personna Israeli Red blades. They are my go-to blade with a new razor, but I've generally found them to be quite similar in performance to Gillette Platinum or Silver Blue blades. I often use Bic Platinum and Feather blades, but I haven't tried those in my Yaqi as I find them to be a bit sharper and to add a slightly more aggressive edge to a razor that the Yaqi doesn't need.
Obsviously, it's the blade that makes the difference. The Personna Platinum is a mild one that's why it performs good in the Yaqi. I wonder how good would be a Voskhod in this one.

It seems that when the manufacturers alter their slants, they all go milder. I have a newer 37c and It is only slightly more aggressive and efficient than the 34c.
However the German 37 which is based on the old 37C/39C head, is so much better than my Merkur 37C.

I would like to contribute here, as I own an ATT S2 (the open comb). This is the only slant I have ever owned, after a mild merkur 23c and a very aggressive fatip piccolo (both non slant).

I find the ATT S2 to be just the best razor I have ever used. It is very effective, but doesn't upset the skin, which I think this is what is all about. I never understood aggressiveness per se. If you can shave effectively and deeply without being harsh on the skin, it is just the best of both worlds.

So much so that I sold all other razors I had. No point in alternating if you are already using the best.

Having said that, if you misuse the ATT you are going to slice your face.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

I used my first slant razor this week, the RazoRock 37. It was pretty aggressive for me. Tore -up my head. Better on my face. The Parker Semi-Slant is arriving this week. Wish me luck!

I find the ATT S2 to be just the best razor I have ever used.
I completely agree. I've got a few that come close, but the S2 is above them all. I've got even more that are fair shavers and I enjoy using them, but when it comes down to cases I'm grabbing the S2.

O.H.

Top Bottom