What's new

Slant Acquisition

I have been in slant acquisition mode after trying an Icon X3 on a whim. I liked it's performance so I bought a ATT S1 head to use with a Weber handle I had laying around, a FOCS, and a Merkur 37C. They all perform really well, but my favorite so far is the S1. It is super smooth, comfortable, and provides a very close shave. The X3 is more mild, but does provide a good shave as long as you get the angle correct. The FOCS shaves well too, but is not quite as smooth as the S1 or X3 to me. I believe it's the most efficient of the group. I'm not sure I could use it every day, but it's great on 2-3 days growth. The 37C is nice and smooth as well.....shaves very similar to the 34C to me, but doesn't shave quite as close as the S1.

Can't go wrong with any of these, but so far for me the ATT S1 is the bees knees of slants (that I've tried). All shaves were done using Astra blades. I know other blades may or may not perform better, but the Astra is my go to blade for a new razor. I will soon try some of my favorite blades in each razor to see if my opinion remains the same.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
With a Kronos handle the S1/S2 looks like one of those basically unadorned razors that hark back to an earlier era. Which is amusing, as the design puts all the magic under the cap. I really like the shave.

O.H.

Top Bottom