What's new

Skklog's Shaving Thread!

I did some thing bad today, I when on the "Shaving Mall - Buy/Sell/Trade" not good, not good at all.

I thinking of getting one of these what do you think

Do you think I could do better, or would it be the best for the money?

I thinking of getting one of these what do you think

Do you think I could do better, or would it be the best for the money?

I gave you my opinion earlier at your house, but I will state it publicly to see if others agree or have suggestions.

I know very little about brushes and am just starting to dabble in SBAD by buying my second brush a couple of weeks ago. However, I do plan on buying one of these. I think, for the money, you won't buy a better brush. I am not sure how much better of a brush you could buy period. Your current brush isn't great, but is a great starter brush. So, you could upgrade to a much better brush cheaper by buying a used one here on the B/S/T like I did. I have a Shavemac Silver-Tip and it made a big difference over the Edwin Jagger, which was my starter. So, do you want the best or better?

I gave you my opinion earlier at your house, but I will state it publicly to see if others agree or have suggestions.

I know very little about brushes and am just starting to dabble in SBAD by buying my second brush a couple of weeks ago. However, I do plan on buying one of these. I think, for the money, you won't buy a better brush. I am not sure how much better of a brush you could buy period. Your current brush isn't great, but is a great starter brush. So, you could upgrade to a much better brush cheaper by buying a used one here on the B/S/T like I did. I have a Shavemac Silver-Tip and it made a big difference over the Edwin Jagger, which was my starter. So, do you want the best or better?

I like to get as many opinions as I can get!

I like to get as many opinions as I can get!

Well don't look at me, most of my brushes are boars. But I get the impression that for a quality badger brush, you probably can't a better brush, especially for the money, than one of the limited edition ones.

I did some thing bad today, I when on the "Shaving Mall - Buy/Sell/Trade" not good, not good at all.

You just found the Shaving Mall? Wait till you check out the GEM's I'm gonna post.

Well don't look at me, most of my brushes are boars. But I get the impression that for a quality badger brush, you probably can't a better brush, especially for the money, than one of the limited edition ones.

Maybe you should get brushes that have more scintillating conversations with you.?

I am sure the brush is going to be great. I wish I had ordered two of the Essential - I am just not sure I am going to like the handle.

Maybe you should get brushes that have more scintillating conversations with you?

Yes the boars are bores, but my badgers are grumpy and get quite hostile when I remove them from the rest of the herd for a good lathering. And don't get me started on my mixed brush. He just a confused little fellow.

Yes the boars are bores, but my badgers are grumpy and get quite hostile when I remove them from the rest of the herd for a good lathering. And don't get me started on my mixed brush. He just a confused little fellow.

Nothing like confused Bristle Orientation.

Trust Lou when it comes to GEMs. :drool:

Lou, do you have an endless supply, or what? :w00t:

I'm going to be thinning the herd drastically. I snagged some that I thought would be good shavers but they're not for me. I also kind of went overboard with my Single Edge Acquisition Disorder. I'm just having a hard time deciding exactly which ones to set loose on the B/S/T.

I'm going to be thinning the herd drastically. I snagged some that I thought would be good shavers but they're not for me. I also kind of went overboard with my Single Edge Acquisition Disorder. I'm just having a hard time deciding exactly which ones to set loose on the B/S/T.

Well why not all? We'll gladly assist you in getting rid of them, no questions asked. :ihih:

Top Bottom