What's new

Skin StretchingAdvice for Newbies

Just remember boys...age isnt a nice thing so be mindful of the mirror the next time you look in it.... :001_tt2::001_005:

I assumed people would look at my avatar and realize I was the OP. I did not say it was me in the vid because I have been doing Youtube or 5 years and post videos here a lot. Most people who respond to the threads know me.
Sorry for any confusion. It wasn't my intention.
I posted it to help newbs.

Thank you for the video. I may not be quite as spherical in the face, but I’m no lightweight myself and I stumbled across this thread in a very timely manner.

I am pushing the 100 shave mark pretty hard, and still struggle mightily with some areas. I think better / more consistent stretching could really help me get to the consistently good shaves I am after.

Awesome. Welcome to the straight shaving world. It's the best shave I ever experienced.
And you are right, stretching is hugely important.
The above video is in a playlist on my channel called Straight Shaving Fundamentals. There are several short tutorials that cover all the basic foundational straight razor shaving areas. You can find it in the link below, and there might be others among them you may find useful. Happy shaving!

Straight Shaving Fundamentals - YouTube

What does that have to do with anything?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Didn't realize you were the OP. I just get irritated about people judging others because of their weight. My apologies.

Didn't realize you were the OP. I just get irritated about people judging others because of their weight. My apologies.

No problem. Someone early on remarked that he(me) had a lot to stretch, so I made the "he's fat" comment partially in jest. I don't know how the comment I was responding to was meant, but I am overweight. I just don't really care what anyone but myself and my loved ones think about it, which is why I "said" it.
I'm 55 years old. Others' opinions of me don't really move me. As long as the video helps new shavers, I'm good.

Top Bottom