What's new

Skin nourishing

I prefer the ’tallow’ version. The vegan is good but their old version is even better IMO.

Unfortunately, several EU brands have gone vegan in order to be politically correct. The ones that still use tallow seem to be better choices. I know it is possible to formulate a superb soap without tallow, but few folks have figured out how to do so.

Of the soaps I've used, Mitchell's Wool Fat gives me the best post shave feeling of them all. Not even close. Hasingler's and Tabac are great, but the Fat for me just makes my face feel like a baby's butt!

I totally agree. If they would tone it down just a little bit.

Look no further:

Not overpowering at all. I guarantee it. Regardless, no, I repeat NO, shaving soap is going to be as beneficial to your skin as will be a moisturizer made by real scientists such as by CeraVe or Neutrogena. Very few (if any) artisan shaving soap makers are degreed organic chemists.

Best skin nourishing post shave for me are Wholly Kaw Siero and Declaration Grooming Milksteak. GD Aion comes in second to these, for me. But I don't love the scent, and it is not as easy to lather for me. (Need to work on my technique).

Best skin nourishing post shave for me are Wholly Kaw Siero and Declaration Grooming Milksteak. GD Aion comes in second to these, for me. But I don't love the scent, and it is not as easy to lather for me. (Need to work on my technique).

I ordered the new Aion.

What is the scent like? Mo says its a very light scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look no further:

Not overpowering at all. I guarantee it. Regardless, no, I repeat NO, shaving soap is going to be as beneficial to your skin as will be a moisturizer made by real scientists such as by CeraVe or Neutrogena. Very few (if any) artisan shaving soap makers are degreed organic chemists.

Some artisans do have chemistry degrees. Some are also Certified Cosmetic Formulators.

Look no further:

Both of those moisturisers have ingredients just like canned shaving cream. There is nothing natural in those, its all synthetic.
How is this beneficial???

Some artisans do have chemistry degrees. Some are also Certified Cosmetic Formulators.

Name those with actual organic chemistry degrees. I'll wait.

Both of those moisturisers have ingredients just like canned shaving cream. There is nothing natural in those, its all synthetic.
How is this beneficial???...

I was referring to the scent not being overpowering in the linked soap.

I get my moisturizer from real scientists and not "witch doctors".

Name those with actual organic chemistry degrees. I'll wait.

I was referring to the scent not being overpowering in the linked soap.

I get my moisturizer from real scientists and not "witch doctors".

Sorry Sir but the so called scientists you refer to are only in it to sell as many mass produced synthetic creams to millions of people. Just like gillette selling mass produced carts to the masses!

I bet you are the type that believes these “scientific” adverts on TV about these moisturisers.

Its all synthetic ingredients and has no benefits to your skin.

However, i started this thread about artisan soaps made with real ingredients made by “witch doctors “ which all of us traditional wet shavers like to use.

Our aim here is to eliminate mass produced synthetic crap most people use on their skin., and opt for more natural nourishing products that actually benefit your skin.

Sorry Sir but the so called scientists you refer to are only in it to sell as many mass produced synthetic creams to millions of people. Just like gillette selling mass produced carts to the masses!

I bet you are the type that believes these “scientific” adverts on TV about these moisturisers.

Its all synthetic ingredients and has no benefits to your skin.

However, i started this thread about artisan soaps made with real ingredients made by “witch doctors “ which all of us traditional wet shavers like to use.

Our aim here is to eliminate mass produced synthetic crap most people use on their skin., and opt for more natural nourishing products that actually benefit your skin.

Personal insults are not allowed on the forum.

I ordered the new Aion.

What is the scent like? Mo says its a very light scent.

It's a woody scent, like sandalwood and cedarwood combined along with some sawdust, but other than that it is hard for me to describe. It's not light for me either, although I know that's how Mo described it. Whereas I love the Oleo Dragonsbeard scent, which has oud in it but also rose and other things to soften it and it smells very natural and organic (and is also great for skin nourishing although not really available right now), I am not a huge fan of the Aion scent. I feel funny saying that, because it's not offensive in any way, and so you may well like it, since scent is very subjective.

From the aspect of someone that has a naturally oily complexion I am more interested in soaps that will leave my skin soft and dry for the better part of the day. I tested the Fortis line from Mo and found my skin to be oily relatively quick after my shave, about 2 hrs, and yet I find with Stirling I'm dry and soft for the majority of the day, 8-10 hrs, so for me personally all the so called nourishing aspect of what GD, M&M, B&M, and a few others offer is far from what I need in a shave soap not to mention the added expense that they carry!!

Even if there were a comprehensive listing of the educational qualifications of every artisan soapmaker, what difference would it make? Artisans are business men and women who have to have a wide variety of skills to succeed: research and development, formulation, perfumer, procurement, production, graphic design, marketing, accounting, logistics, etc. In a large company, those responsibilities are normally handled by a large number of individuals. With artisan soapmakers, one or a few individuals handle everything.

If posessing a specific educational background such as a PhD in organic chemistry were prerequisite to being a successful soapmaker, every artisan would list their credentials. However, since soapmaking is part science and part artistry, educational background, no matter how good cannot insure success.

How is this beneficial???

Where does the idea that "natural" = "beneficial" and "synthetic" = "not beneficial" come from? That's utter nonsense.

Even if there were a comprehensive listing of the educational qualifications of every artisan soapmaker, what difference would it make? Artisans are business men and women who have to have a wide variety of skills to succeed: research and development, formulation, perfumer, procurement, production, graphic design, marketing, accounting, logistics, etc. In a large company, those responsibilities are normally handled by a large number of individuals. With artisan soapmakers, one or a few individuals handle everything.

If posessing a specific educational background such as a PhD in organic chemistry were prerequisite to being a successful soapmaker, every artisan would list their credentials. However, since soapmaking is part science and part artistry, educational background, no matter how good cannot insure success.
True that!

Top Bottom