What's new

Skin feels like sandpaper.

Hi!
After one week of growth i have trouble finding back to the good feeling. I have no idea what happened but the skin feels like sandpaper 3-4 hours after shaving. I use the same razor, my favorite blade/soap and the same technique but I no longer get the smooth skin after the last pass. It seems like the razor (mühle r89) scrapes my skin and at the same time fails to cut close.

My regular routine has always been every other day (wtg, wtg, xtg, atg) but this time I let it grow for a week. Is there anyone who has been in a similar situation?

Avoid trying to categorise this as a problem after just one shave; if it happens repeatedly, then it is an issue. The change here is you switched from alternate days to one week of stubble. That is a big change.

I would imagine trying to shave one weeks growth with a safety razor would be very hard work. I can get away with missing a day but if I miss 2 or more I know it's not going to be fun...

Perhaps try using trimmer first then follow up with DE?

I would imagine trying to shave one weeks growth with a safety razor would be very hard work. I can get away with missing a day but if I miss 2 or more I know it's not going to be fun...

Perhaps try using trimmer first then follow up with DE?

I think so too. The R89 has a safety bar. For one week of growth, I would recommend an open comb or a straight razor of some kind.

Thanks for the answers:001_rolle

Sorry, I'm struggling with my English/Norwegian so I may not explain well enough

Shaving after a week of growth was not a problem, this was something I just tried once. The problem is that I no longer get a close shave now that I am back to my regular routines, every other day. Something happened after I let the beard grow for a week and it feels like the hair growth is harder.

I should be more patient but I've started to get a little anxious because I know how it feels when the shaving works perfect

I don't think a week's growth will change the characteristics of your stubble. Try some different blades if you not having success in a week's time.

Is it maybe possible that your everyday shaves and the products you were using were hydrating and conditioning your face and stubble?... and so maybe you are experiencing signs of a dehydrated face? Get back to your normal routine for a little and maybe the overall quality of your skin and stubble will improve with consistent use of good products.

Is it maybe possible that your everyday shaves and the products you were using were hydrating and conditioning your face and stubble?... and so maybe you are experiencing signs of a dehydrated face? Get back to your normal routine for a little and maybe the overall quality of your skin and stubble will improve with consistent use of good products.
+1

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi!
After one week of growth i have trouble finding back to the good feeling. I have no idea what happened but the skin feels like sandpaper 3-4 hours after shaving. I use the same razor, my favorite blade/soap and the same technique but I no longer get the smooth skin after the last pass. It seems like the razor (mühle r89) scrapes my skin and at the same time fails to cut close.

My regular routine has always been every other day (wtg, wtg, xtg, atg) but this time I let it grow for a week. Is there anyone who has been in a similar situation?
Do you use any post shave balm? My skin definitely feels rough if I don't apply any balm after the shave.

Yes, I actually think that may be the problem. It feels better today after shaving, not perfect but it feels like the skin needs more moisture. I also think I will wait with the last pass (ATG) until the skin is back to normal. Wow, I really started to panic. Nothing is better than starting the day with a cup of coffee and an almost perfect shave.

Thank You!

Yes, I actually think that may be the problem. It feels better today after shaving, not perfect but it feels like the skin needs more moisture. I also think I will wait with the last pass (ATG) until the skin is back to normal. Wow, I really started to panic. Nothing is better than starting the day with a cup of coffee and an almost perfect shave.

Thank You!
You might want to try using a daily moisturizer like Nivea Sensitive Skin ASB, or Hyaluronic acid. Both are very light and do not leave a great feel. They are quickly absorbed. I'm a fan of Hyaluronic acid. It actually works with the moisture in the air, binding with it and holding it against the skin. The caveat is that if you live in an arid climate, it can actually take moisture out of your skin. Just a thought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom