What's new

Skin Conditionning

I'm new to DE shaving. Early in ma practice I had always more or less neck irritations, which has now stopped. Maybe my technique has improved, but otherwise, have some of you reported an evolution of the skin ? Does it become shave-proof ?!

Better technique helps. Other suggestions would be to try skin stretching and to map your beard.

Good advices, I did the mapping.

Better technique helps. Other suggestions would be to try skin stretching and to map your beard.

It's probably the combination angle/pressure that changed. I headshave and in my early shaves I had several times in the full blade cut as the blade sat on my scalp !

Technique and good lather will give you the most comfortable shaves which does less damage to the skin. Moisturise after your shave and your skin will remain in good condition.

Over time, you will learn what beard preparation, razors, blades, shave soaps, and shaving techniques work best for you. After a while, you should be able to get nearly flawless shaves every time. In the early days, however, cuts, nicks, weepers, and irritation can be common.

Technique makes a big difference, but shaving does tend to dry the skin. Some soaps have better post-shave feel than others. I find soaps with shea butter or lanolin make a healthy difference. In cold weather, your skin can benefit from more moisturizing, like from a good balm. In warm weather, you may do better with a splash that has some healing ingredients in it,

Yes ! It's getting OK by now. I'll try a first prep with shea butter before lathering tomorrow. Just curious. Also crossed WTG strikes seems to work best with me.

Top Bottom