What's new

Skin care for stubble/very short beard?

I keep my facial hair fairly short and even knock it down to just stubble sometimes. My face use to be on the oily side but lately it has been dryer. Maybe due to a change in my diet and avoiding certain foods. Should I just apply a beard oil to my stubble or would a lotion made for facial use be better? Like a post shave balm, even though I only shave a small area of my face? I think an oil would give my skin a shiny appearance so something that absorbs well would be better.

Last edited:
When I keep mine at a shorter length I usually don't use any products, but I have fairly oily skin. You could try a beard balm or dry oil. They are usually a mixture of Shea Butter, Beeswax, and a few different oils. The only balm I've tried is WSP, and I haven't been using it long. I didn't really care for it in the winter when my beard was longer, but am liking it much more now that it's getting warmer and my beard is shorter. I find it works well to tame a few wild mustache hairs, and gives a nice shine to the beard without feeling oily. Lots of other companies make similar products, I just like WSP, because it works and is available to me at a local barbershop.

The Barbershop is a great scent. I have the Formula T soap and beard oil it that scent. My balm and mustache wax are both in Tobacco, which is also a great scent, smells like a Tobacco flower not a pipe or cigar.

I keep my beard pretty close cropped an I just use Nivea Sensitive face lotion. It hydrates your skin and I believe its SPF 15, so youve got your daily sun protection too.

Top Bottom