What's new

Skin burns from Haslinger?

Hey guys,

I just tried out Haslinger for the first time today, the one with sheep's milk and lanolin. I loaded it on to my brush and the lather just exploded, super slick and cushion-y. But when I started to face lather I had a slight burning sensation on my face. This is the first time I've ever experienced this. I know people say lanolin can cause reactions in some people, but I have other soaps with lanolin in them that do not bother me at all. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm going to give it a few more tries before I give up on it because the performance itself was exceptional and I would be sad if I could not use it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You are using Haslinger Schafmilch and I have the same reaction that you describe. I usually use soaps with Lanolin (MWF and Mike's) but don't have that sensation when I use them. I was quite surprised when I first used Schafmilch but the slight burning sensation I get isn't very strong and certainly doesn't stop me from really enjoying the soap. For me the slight burning is more than compensated by the ease of lathering and wonderful performance of the soap. I hope your next experience using it is better or at least not strong enough for you to stop using the soap.

You are using Haslinger Schafmilch and I have the same reaction that you describe. I usually use soaps with Lanolin (MWF and Mike's) but don't have that sensation when I use them. I was quite surprised when I first used Schafmilch but the slight burning sensation I get isn't very strong and certainly doesn't stop me from really enjoying the soap. For me the slight burning is more than compensated by the ease of lathering and wonderful performance of the soap. I hope your next experience using it is better or at least not strong enough for you to stop using the soap.
Interesting. But glad I'm not the only one. It wasn't like my face flared up or anything. I will see how the next few shaves go.

I have been extremely lucky with my various Haslinger soaps and never experienced any discomfort, but I do recall posts, which did not specifically relate to Hasslinger, where people commented about their skin reactions to lanolin.

B.

I have been extremely lucky with my various Haslinger soaps and never experienced any discomfort, but I do recall posts, which did not specifically relate to Hasslinger, where people commented about their skin reactions to lanolin.

B.
I know I have read that too. But as I mentioned, I have had no reactions from other soaps with lanolin like Stirling, mwf etc... I did shower right before my shave so maybe washing my face before hand played a role? Not really sure but I'm going to experiment and see if I can identify why I got the burning sensation

I had Haslinger Aloe Vera (new vegan formula) and Marigold (old tallow formula); both burned, specially Marigold. I came across a post saying that it could be the "ph balance" of the soap. Scent and performance were excellent, too bad I could no longer use them.

I had the same reaction others here have described. This soap has peanut oil in it, and I am mildly allergic to peanuts. I attributed this to my reaction. I’m fine with lanolin, so I ruled that out for myself.

I have been using this soap for a few years and love it. The fragrance is fresh but not overpowering. It leaves my skin soft and supple but not greasy.

I can use the Honey scent, but the Sheeps Milk one burns my face.

Love the performance, but can't take the burn.
Hmm. Good to know, I was between the honey and sheep's milk one. If this one continues to burn, maybe I'll try the honey one.

Sorry! I agree that this sounds like an allergy. You might try another Haslingers option or wait a few days before trying schafmilch again to see if you get the same reaction.

I have enjoyed all eight Haslinger’s options with no problems whatsoever!

Hmm. Good to know, I was between the honey and sheep's milk one. If this one continues to burn, maybe I'll try the honey one.

It is sure enough worth trying.

It is one of the finest soaps you can get,and cheap also.

Sorry! I agree that this sounds like an allergy. You might try another Haslingers option or wait a few days before trying schafmilch again to see if you get the same reaction.

I have enjoyed all eight Haslinger’s options with no problems whatsoever!

Right. I am going to wait a few days and try again to reevaluate. If it continues in another 2 uses or so. I will part ways and try one of their other offerings. I was interested in the honey scent anyways! If the same thing occurs, I will part ways and maybe try MWF. Will keep this updated!

I am happy to report that I will be able to comfortably use Haslingers! First off, I pressed it into a bowl and let it air out a bit, whether that helped or not is another story. The first time I used it was immediately after washing my face with my face wash and I think the both the shave soap and my face wash reacted with each other in some way which made my skin unhappy. But today, I used the same face wash during my shower, making sure to wash my face first, that way it had enough rinsing throughout the rest of the shower. Seemed to do the trick! I barely noticed any burning at all.

Top Bottom