What's new

Skin Bracer

I've been tempted to try the various flavors from days gone by. Dry Lime, Cool Spice, Spice Scent, Wild Moss, etc. I'm wondering if the flankers have tthe same powdery dry-down scent as the Original?
I'll bet they're perfect after that vintage Williams shave :thumbup1:

Mmmm... I don't like that powdery thing, so I don't favor Original SB. Was sorta hoping one of the other flavors didn't have it.

Mmmm... I don't like that powdery thing, so I don't favor Original SB. Was sorta hoping one of the other flavors didn't have it.

Maybe the spice scent.

"Powder" is due to oakmoss and musk, which are very common in mens fragrances. Classic barbershop scents are loaded with the stuff.

Maybe the spice scent.

"Powder" is due to oakmoss and musk, which are very common in mens fragrances. Classic barbershop scents are loaded with the stuff.

Quite aware of what creates the scent; powder is quite prevalent in women's fragrances also. At any rate, I tend to avoid 'barbershop' and drug store aftershaves because of it. Something tells me Skin Bracer's Cool Spice and Spice Scent would both be 'powdery', although I am curious.

So now the Skin Bracer is an old ‘70’s’ scent that can’t stand up to the ‘modern’ aquatics?
Where do you guys come from? SB is from the late 20’s, early 30’s. And as far as ‘modern’
aquatics, I was wearing aquatics in the late 80’s! Yeah, that’s real ‘modern’! About as
modern as Wham! on a cassingle. I’m sure you’d like his scent. Aquatics have been around
a lot longer than you think, they’ve been trendy for a long time now. Just like any scent
they work in the right situation. A hot dry summer day, yeah, aquatics smell great.
In a freezing rain storm, do you really want to smell cold water? I personally like
A.V. musk, on a cold dry day. On a hot, humid, muggy day? No, it’s too heavy.
All scents work well-if you know what situation to use them in.

Top Bottom