What's new

Skin Bracer vs Aqua Velva

I pick Aqua Velva every Saturday and pick Skin Bracer every Sunday. Just one on each given day. It's the best I can do cause I luv them both.

Grandad used it all the time and the scent is part of my childhood.

Exact same reason I use it! I was very close to my grandfather.

When I started my new shaving routine I picked up a bottle just for the nostalgia, but I find myself using it about 2-3 times per week!

For you people using both, do you also find AV to be so much more persistent in the rest of the day?

Inviato dal mio MotoG3 utilizzando Tapatalk

I may have replied tk this thread a few pages back, I don't remember. Anyway,

I'd have to say skin bracer. I prefer the scent of AV and that's about it. AV was my exclusive splash for a few years and still gets worked in occasionally. My problem with AV is the glycerin always leaves me feeling "greasy" where as the pg in skin bracer does not. Menthol feels pretty equal to me so that's a wash. Scent longevity goes to AV however that is a blessing and a curse: I love AV and want to smell it all day, my wife/coworkers/friends all hate it and have no problem telling me when I wear it. I don't dislike skin bracer's scent, it's a little sweet upfront but dries down into a subtle musky scent, and as far as performance goes skin bracer's takes the cake. I took me years to try skin bracer because whenever I opened a bottle to take a sniff I was immediately put off by an intense cherry scent. After trying it I realize that dies down very quickly and is gone entirely before I'm even dressed. What is left over is subtle, musky, masculine, almost woodsy, and strong enough for me to catch whiffs of throughout the day but not strong enough for coworkers to know when I enter the room.

I went to my local grocer to pick up a bottle of skin bracer and saw AV classic blue for $1 off. Picked it up, smelled it, put it back down. Picked up the SB, smelled it, put it back down. Picked up the AV again, smelled it again... Put it in my basket. I recently enjoyed the post shave feel of SB more and I know my wife doesn't like the scent of AV but I was drawn to it for some reason. I've recently drastically changed my shaving regimen for the better so it's time I give AV another try. Also my wife has told me she liked the scent of Clubman a few times lately, which in the past literally made her gag and vacate the bathroom with haste... So maybe AV has hope again!

It's literally all I used exclusively for aftershave from about age 16 to about age 26 or 27 (almost 29 now) and we met when we were 13 so she has to love it!
Right?

Right!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I went to my local grocer to pick up a bottle of skin bracer and saw AV classic blue for $1 off. Picked it up, smelled it, put it back down. Picked up the SB, smelled it, put it back down. Picked up the AV again, smelled it again... Put it in my basket. I recently enjoyed the post shave feel of SB more and I know my wife doesn't like the scent of AV but I was drawn to it for some reason. I've recently drastically changed my shaving regimen for the better so it's time I give AV another try. Also my wife has told me she liked the scent of Clubman a few times lately, which in the past literally made her gag and vacate the bathroom with haste... So maybe AV has hope again!

It's literally all I used exclusively for aftershave from about age 16 to about age 26 or 27 (almost 29 now) and we met when we were 13 so she has to love it!
Right?

Right!
That is awesome you have known your wife for so long!

@CzechCzar @jackgoldman123 Thank you both very much! We started "dating" at 13, I proposed to her at 21, got married at 23, and are now almost 29 and still exclusive. We are "old souls" for our age. I wouldn't have my life any other way and if she ever leaves me I'm just going to kick into grumpy old man status very early haha. I never had nor have any interest in "playing the field"... I have so many friends who do "adult dating" and it just seems like such a headache haha.

Definitely wish I had hoarded some, too.
Is it this stuff you're talking about? I just ran into it yesterday.
IMG_20181102_112356.jpg

Finally tried SB - and sadly was really disappointed, did not like it at all. So definitely AV for me - love it and wearing it now :001_wub:

Maybe I’ll try mixing the SB with Furbo Vintage Blu...Hmmmm...

Top Bottom