What's new

Skin Bracer Dispenser/Cap

I am a big fan of Skin Bracer but I feel the dispenser is too big and you waste too much and the cap system is cheap flimsy plastic not a screw on cap, You have to twist and pry up and it shreds the plastic. What should I do buy a small empty spray bottle and pour it in there or use an empty Family Dollar Brut clone bottle since it has a good dispenser? Or is it a bad idea and the after shave will then smell like plastic?

Many on this forum have suggested getting glass bottles with orifice reducers. I have used this method and it works well. You can find them in packs on amazon. Not sure about finding just one. That should solve the plastic smell concern.

And yes, I agree...I dislike poorly designed dispenser caps! :yikes:

Many on this forum have suggested getting glass bottles with orifice reducers. I have used this method and it works well. You can find them in packs on amazon. Not sure about finding just one. That should solve the plastic smell concern.

And yes, I agree...I dislike poorly designed dispenser caps! :yikes:
Thanks.

You can re-use a small glass bottle from hot sauce. Just make sure to remove the labels and clean the bottle thoroughly!
:laugh:

hs-aftershave.png

I think the current Skin Bracer package and reducer is great! Only way it could be improved is if it were glass.

I commonly use my finger to cover over all my AS reducers though for extra flow control when using a product, tilt bottle over palm, then slowly lift back my finger till it starts dribbling, finger back over reducer when I’ve got what I want, right bottle and put down. I can see where the Skin Bracer reducer might be annoying if this were not your normal practice.

I think the current Skin Bracer package and reducer is great! Only way it could be improved is if it were glass.

I commonly use my finger to cover over all my AS reducers though for extra flow control when using a product, tilt bottle over palm, then slowly lift back my finger till it starts dribbling, finger back over reducer when I’ve got what I want, right bottle and put down. I can see where the Skin Bracer reducer might be annoying if this were not your normal practice.
I would prefer an Aqua Velva screw on type cap though.

i transferred the skin bracer into an empty proraso green aftershave bottle, works perfectly, and I think the glass made it smell better too!
I saw a proraso green once at Burlington, I've been on the hunt for it ever since but to no avail. And I don't want to order anything glass online.

There's a trick to dispensing the right amount with this style of cap. Using an old-style glass bottle isn't a panacea, since some of them were just as bad (Old Spice, for instance). You basically tilt the bottle over only so far then you tap a bit out onto your hand, you don't pour it.

I have a question, Has Skin Bracer been reformulated recently? I just finished a bottle I got in Sept 2020 and it was fine. Now I bought another bottle just last week and it seems very diluted like the scent on the skin after applying is almost non existent. I hope I got a bad batch.

I am a big fan of Skin Bracer but I feel the dispenser is too big and you waste too much and the cap system is cheap flimsy plastic not a screw on cap, You have to twist and pry up and it shreds the plastic. What should I do buy a small empty spray bottle and pour it in there or use an empty Family Dollar Brut clone bottle since it has a good dispenser? Or is it a bad idea and the after shave will then smell like plastic?

Check out eBay and etsy. People sell all kind of cool vintage Skin Bracer bottles. One of them has to meet your needs.

I have a question, Has Skin Bracer been reformulated recently? I just finished a bottle I got in Sept 2020 and it was fine. Now I bought another bottle just last week and it seems very diluted like the scent on the skin after applying is almost non existent. I hope I got a bad batch.

I think the vintage stuff is better if you can find any of it.

I have some vintage Skin Bracer in the glass, it's very good and less artificial smelling. One thing you can do is find old Avon bottles and transfer the juice into them. I use a flavor injector to get past glass reducers.

Here's one I never felt was hurt at all by plastic. This and Old Spice. Agree though that the spout is pretty awful (and the cap is commensurately lacking).

I think the vintage stuff is better if you can find any of it.

I'll try to look for some vintage but the current formula smells good enough to me. I've noticed apart from the awesome glass bottles the vintage also has a nicer brighter, deeper, richer, green color.

Here's one I never felt was hurt at all by plastic. This and Old Spice. Agree though that the spout is pretty awful (and the cap is commensurately lacking).

The current spout and cap are horrendous very cheap plastic and flimsy. The one before that style was way better it was a screw on cap they should go back to it.

Top Bottom