What's new

Skiff Mixture

How does Skiff compared to Squadron Leader? Is it soapy like a lot of Lakeland blends? I have heard that it is "Squadron Leader's little brother"...

How does Skiff compared to Squadron Leader? Is it soapy like a lot of Lakeland blends? I have heard that it is "Squadron Leader's little brother"...

i haven't had either but it shouldn't be soapy at all. skiff mixture has more oriental tobacco i think.

i haven't had either but it shouldn't be soapy at all. skiff mixture has more oriental tobacco i think.

I see. I thought it may have been like Grousemoor, which I like on occasion, but because of the floral ghosts that creep up I have to dedicate a Missouri Meerschaum to my grousemoor.

I'll have to try it one day.

Yep, what Haiku said. Skiff is an Oriental delight. I find Squadron Leader to be a milder blend in general as it is mellow and rounded and nothing sticks out. SKiff has some ineteresting high sour/tart/salty notes that grab attention. I think Skiff deserves more attention than it gets.

The owner of the tobacco shop where i buy my tobacco swears by the skiff mixture. I'm working my way through the tin. I'm finding it a bit on the moist side right out of the box, but has some nice flavors going on for those that like orientals.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The owner of the tobacco shop where i buy my tobacco swears by the skiff mixture. I'm working my way through the tin. I'm finding it a bit on the moist side right out of the box, but has some nice flavors going on for those that like orientals.
Samuel Gawith tobaccos are notoriously wet, but I prefer that to dry. Just air dry for 15 minutes or so before packing.

Samuel Gawith tobaccos are notoriously wet, but I prefer that to dry. Just air dry for 15 minutes or so before packing.

+1 I couln't agree more. Drying is a lot easier than rehydrating, and rehydrated tobacco never tastes quite the same. I also don't buy the arguement that wet tobacco rips off the consumer. Sure, technically some tobacco sacrificed by water weight, but I really can't see how its even close to an appreciable amount. Maybe a gram, at most.

But yeah, Skiff is really nice sleeper blend. Giver 'er a go.

Top Bottom