What's new

Size of Art of Shaving Soap Refills?

Hi - does anyone know the diameter of an AOS soap refill puck? I want to order one without the wooden bowl and want to know what size container it would fit into - I"m actually contemplating an Old Spice mug.

Hi - does anyone know the diameter of an AOS soap refill puck? I want to order one without the wooden bowl and want to know what size container it would fit into - I"m actually contemplating an Old Spice mug.

I do not believe it'd fit an old spice mug. Then again, nothing wrong with milling the soap -- then it'd fit anywhere!

The AOS pucks are approximately 3 1/2" (diameter). I'm pretty sure the Old Spice mugs are smaller than that.

I recently used used a vegetable peeler to reduce the diameter of an AOS puck down to 2 1/2", which I feel is a better option than milling up the entire puck. After fitting the size of your puck, just drop the extra soap shavings in the bottom of the mug and press the (smaller) puck on top of them. Easy peasy.

The AOS pucks are approximately 3 1/2" (diameter). I'm pretty sure the Old Spice mugs are smaller than that.

I recently used used a vegetable peeler to reduce the diameter of an AOS puck down to 2 1/2", which I feel is a better option than milling up the entire puck. After fitting the size of your puck, just drop the extra soap shavings in the bottom of the mug and press the (smaller) puck on top of them. Easy peasy.

Amen!

Just to confirm. Yes the bowl itself is 4 inches in diameter and the sides are .25 inches think leaving the puck at 3.5 inches. The bowl is 1.25 inches high leaving the puck at about an inch think.

I have used this method myself on more than one occasion. It works perfectly.

:001_smile

Top Bottom