What's new

Size info for my first western boots.

I collect dress shoes and would like to add a pair of new or vintage western boots. I wear an 11B/AA, so I am hard to fit because of a high instep and narrow heel. Any recommendations including brand?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Check Sheplers.com
You can limit the search by size. They have an amazing selection and good prices

Check Sheplers.com
You can limit the search by size. They have an amazing selection and good prices
I'll have to keep this place in mind for the future. It's been a while since I have worn western boots, but I sure miss them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last year I bought a new pair of boots from the Alberta Boot Company. They have narrow lasts and also do custom orders. Quality is outstanding.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have been wearing cowboy boots for over 20 years now the only advice I have is to go into a store and get properly fitted. Buying on-line is like throwing dice.
My opinion anyway.
Johnny

Boot sizes can vary significantly from company to company. As Johnny said, I would go to a store and try them on. If you go the custom route, they can help fit you. However, custom boots can cost about $500 and up.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I have worn many different brands of boots. You HAVE to try them on and walk around quite a bit to check for issues. Too much of an investment to let rot in the closet because they don't fit right.

For shoes, correct fit is essential for comfort. As others have said, go to a store and try some on. I'd suggest that if you find a good fit and style, buy them at the store and not on-line. Good retailers that provide hands-on service should be rewarded.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Nothing beats trying them on. I like places like cavenders boot city where you can inspect compare and try on a bunch.

Been wearing them for 45 years.......Heed the advise from those of us who have been there......try them on before buying. Be prepared for heel slippage....... It's natural and just about all new western boots, even custom made, do it when they are new. Once worn and broken this should subside greatly.

I can add that every one of my 8 pairs of western boots are a different size. A couple are from same maker. I think it's the different skins. Some will stretch some will not. For me I look for a boot try it on,walk around with it then try similar boot from different company to see what I think. I have gifted a couple that just never broke in so be mindful of a salesman telling you they will feel better after awhile. Good luck.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Great advice here. I'll just add - go with a well known and established boot making company, Lucchese, Tony Lama etc. Do a little reading on western boot construction: shank, stiched or pegged, etc. There are western boots and there are western looking boots.

Top Bottom