-splash; Old Spice

Nice; DFS in 2 passes.

Shave 8​

Prep with cold water and Musgo Real Lime Basil soap
La Toja stick, lathered with a Simpson Colonel
Canadian Old Type with a Feather -- 2 passes, 20 total now on this blade
Thayer's Rose Petal

No complaints.​

So contrary to my previous posts I pushed on with the same Polsilver today. That makes it 9 shaves now. Seemed a bit closer than yesterday, so maybe I was having a bad lather day then, but still not as close as when I started out with it. I'll just make a mental note that in future somewhere around 8 shaves seems to be my practical limit, but I'll keep on pushing this blade until either it or I expire!

Shave #8 today with the yellow 7 O'Clock. However, either I picked the wrong blade for this or this one is a dud. I suspect the second.

I picked this blade since the last one gave me good 17 shaves. However, that one was from a different pack (in fact, a lone blade of this make from a sampler pack). I will give this blade a couple of more shaves and if it doesn't get better, I will take out another blade of the same brand.

Shave #5, which is a total of 13 passes, for me tonight. I started tracking passes, after a few quick shaves because ultimately that affects the longevity.

W2 Aristocrat, Feather(8), ArkoArkoArko, TGN Silvertip

Skipped Saturday, but 2 day growth no problem at all.
Plus Arko rocks.

I'm out 11th shave with the Treet SE was just yanking my whiskers out. I'll see how long I can go again with a new one

Shave #6, Wilkinson blade, Merkur slant, speick soap.

Not a very good shave with some irrigation on my neck. I might have to bail out on Friday because I need to look sharp at night.

Honestly, would it be too big of a violation if I used a new blade for that one Friday shave and then came back to the old blade?

Fourth shave in February (three pass shave) / 10th shave with the Gillette 7 O'Clock Black blade that I'm using. I hadn't shaved since Thursday so I had four days worth of stubble this morning. The 7 O'Clock blade sliced through it easily. Still nice and sharp and smooth.

Last edited:
7 shaves down with a UK Wilky in my Fatboy. Set at 5, the shaves have been very smooth and comfortable, but not as close as I'd like. Set at 6 I start getting chewed up. I may switch to a different razor. The blade shows no sign of degradation so far.

Had shave #8 last night (Again, 3 passes). I went back to the VDH soap. I had a couple nicks no my neck in some areas I overworked, but that is a typical area that is hard to get smooth. The blade is still giving close shaves & I didn't have nicks I'd had with the last couple shaves. I'll continue pressing on with this blade.

02-09-2015
Gillette NDC Tech, Parker 26C handle
Personna Med Prep (9)
Palmolive cream
Rubberset 400
Clubman

9 shaves on a Med Prep, and still going strong. No weepers today, but I am home and resumed with one of my regular brushes and bowl lathering. Not "as" sharp as when I stated, I can slightly feel a bit of dulling on my first pass, the sideburn area. But otherwise, still a DFS.

Good morning week, shave 7 for February, but this is shave 34 for the Super Sword-Edge. No issues, nice and smooth three pass shave, no nicks.

Shave 4:

1958 Gillette Fatboy on setting 5
Polsilver Super Iridium, day four
Omega 50014 travel brush to keep it in rotation
TOBS Shaving Shop
Proraso White Preshave cream
Alum block
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

Blade: Treet Black Beauty
# of Shaves: 9
Razor: Gillette Tech head on Maggard MR5 handle
Brush: Semogue 1460 Boar
Lather: Proraso Cream
Result: Single pass. Same setup as yesterday, same result.

Top Bottom