What's new

Six months in

Well I think I can Finally call myself a Shaver now. After six-months of goods days and some not so fine. I think I finally am getting the shaves I want started with a 1960 Fatboy, Walmart blades and a VDH bowl and boar brush set with VDH deluxe soap.
At first it was bad 1st shave set it at 9 and didn't know what the numbers meant and didn't know about the last 1/4 turn to lock everything up. Needless to say first shave was a bloody mess.
I searched the Forum and found out what the settings meant and the 1/4 turn. Got my brush broke in and got better. Bought some Crystals better shaves. Then Iadded a Superspeed and a VDH better kit with the badger brush.
A little better some shaves better than others. Actually got a consistent shave going. Then I got a EJ 89BDL and life was better. Picked up some Bigelow on BST and Haslinger coconut like this and love the cooling shaves. I added little bits here and there. Got brave got some feathers wow all neck irritation went away.
Picked up DR Harris Creme and wow what a Shave. As I gain confidence I figured out from the Forums about face mapping and that an aggressive razor with no pressure was a way to finally get BBS. I added a Mekur slant 1st shave neck irritation bad. But I just got my 1st Silvertip a Whipped dog 26mm knot and the quality is unreal and I never imagined lathering could be such a pleasure soft,soft, Soft. Today I finally achieved my goal a BBS smooth shave with no irritation. I used DR Harris Marlborough, Whipped dog silvertip, Merkur Slant/w feather, cold rinse and Nivea after shave balm, followed by Pinaud Clubman splash. Thanks to the Forum and all the help I can call myself a shave now. I feel the Newbie and Shave clinic were the keys to my success. Thanks guys:biggrin1: To all new folks read,study, and learn from others the journey is different for everyone but the rewards are there don't give up.

Last edited:
Congrats on your first great shave. From here you will experience smoother and smoother shaves. Have fun with it.

Top Bottom