What's new

Six blades... it's here

I want cool vikingesque nordic-god names! Or like the way they name swords in Lord of the Rings ...

(note: too lazy to actually think any up.)

What do you know? Come up on google

Blade 1)ODIN
Blade 2)LOKI
Blade 3)THOR
Blade 4MAGNI
Blade 5)BALDUR
Blade 6)FREYA

BBS thats Battle proven

This is getting pretty ridiculous. Now i read these press releases in the voice of the count from Sesame Street:

Six, Six blades for shaving....Ahhhahhahhahh

This is getting pretty ridiculous. Now i read these press releases in the voice of the count from Sesame Street:

Six, Six blades for shaving....Ahhhahhahhahh

No es ech eye tee.

And what is this garbage? People are getting laid off at my job, but I bet you some idiot got a raise for this
"It's a product that offers shaving innovation"

No, it does not. It adds additional blades, whcih you have been doing since I was in the eighth grade, when I started using shaving products. You were already up to two. I wanted to shave off the mustache, and was always puzzled why I got the same results as the disposable pink garbage I would steal from my sisters as with the Sensor my mom bought me. I did fall for those futuro-minimalist lines of aluminum with visible plastic ridges on the handle, however. That was really something when I was in eighth grade, but so was An American Prayer.

"....a sharp contrast to any razor ever marketed..."

No. seriously. That's just as much of a lie as "I did not have that many" or "Hi Mom. Yeah, I've been really busy, what? Beth and her husband? I am so sorry I missed them when they were at Aunt Joan's this weekend."

I hope the douche that penned this meant it as a joke.

I hope they are an out of work Sarah Lawrence graduate freelancing and this was supposed to be an ironic stand of a temp copywriter. I hope to God, any god, all gods, that a member of a full time marketing staff would not, could not, pen that abhorrent falsehood after sampling the product for the client and still draw both a paycheck and breath.

If they are japanese, they know what needs to be done to regain honor. If they are American, they probably have none left to lose, and probably also share blame in adult men buying "rare" sneakers.

It is very funny to me that razor companies keep edging closer and closer to making the Saturday Night Live joke ad for the Mach 14 razor a reality.

No es ech eye tee.

And what is this garbage? People are getting laid off at my job, but I bet you some idiot got a raise for this
"It's a product that offers shaving innovation"

No, it does not. It adds additional blades, whcih you have been doing since I was in the eighth grade, when I started using shaving products. You were already up to two. I wanted to shave off the mustache, and was always puzzled why I got the same results as the disposable pink garbage I would steal from my sisters as with the Sensor my mom bought me. I did fall for those futuro-minimalist lines of aluminum with visible plastic ridges on the handle, however. That was really something when I was in eighth grade, but so was An American Prayer.

"....a sharp contrast to any razor ever marketed..."

No. seriously. That's just as much of a lie as "I did not have that many" or "Hi Mom. Yeah, I've been really busy, what? Beth and her husband? I am so sorry I missed them when they were at Aunt Joan's this weekend."

I hope the douche that penned this meant it as a joke.

I hope they are an out of work Sarah Lawrence graduate freelancing and this was supposed to be an ironic stand of a temp copywriter. I hope to God, any god, all gods, that a member of a full time marketing staff would not, could not, pen that abhorrent falsehood after sampling the product for the client and still draw both a paycheck and breath.

If they are japanese, they know what needs to be done to regain honor. If they are American, they probably have none left to lose, and probably also share blame in adult men buying "rare" sneakers.

My compliments to you good Sir on a lucid, very descriptive post. Cheese and crackers where does this insanity stop? Why I'll bet that after a single row (let alone a single full pass) this abomination would be so clogged that scarcely half a millimeter of cutting edge could actually touch your face. I wonder if it comes with a complimentary pressure washer. But wait...on second thought this is a bargain 3 cartridges for ONLY $9.99 (YGBSM!!!). Finally, I mean honestly, playing the "green" card, I mean how much more CRAP will the marketing jaugernaut peddle us on the basis of "it's good for the environment"? If you want good for the environment how bout an old school safety razor with recyclable blades (or better yet a straight) and how much garbage does a puck of soap generate? Gentleman I submit to you, this world is full of kool-aid drinkers that will blindly believe anything presented to them. Fortunately I've never been a big Kool-Aid fan; I prefer a good cold beer :biggrin1: Enlightenment is indeed a beautiful thing.

I'm waiting for them to come out with the slanted cartridge razor (New slicing action!)

I suggested it to Proctor and Gamble R&D a few months ago and the response they gave me was:
"We cannot consider any suggestions for new products unless you own a patent for the product and want to talk about getting it produced."

Why I'll bet that after a single row (let alone a single full pass) this abomination would be so clogged that scarcely half a millimeter of cutting edge could actually touch your face. I wonder if it comes with a complimentary pressure washer.

"It also comes with the "Aqua-Flow Blade Rinse" feature that channels water through the blades for easy cleaning."

Almost. :lol:

just wondering when Gillette will offer a 6-blade razor....in 2010?

Taking all of this ridiculousness seriously for a moment, I don't imagine Gillette will up the ante unless one of two things happens: Schick comes out with a 6-blade razor, or this Titan/Diva thing actually sells very well and threatens their market share. As it stands, the Titan is just a gnat buzzing around; why swat it when it will probably die on its own in a couple of days anyway? Having said that, we know many companies won't go to market with a big product launch without having the product's successor already in the can. What Gillette might have in mind as the successor to the Fusion, I don't even want to contemplate. I feel positively retro just using a Sensor.

I am a firm believer in not criticising it until I have tried it out for myself.

I admire your position in principle, but on this one, I feel OK criticising without trying. I have ZERO interest in trying anything with more than two blades anymore. I've been down that road enough times, and have spent enough money doing it, to know that I don't want to go down that road yet another time. And I have less than zero interest in using a razor with canned crap jammed into the handle. Call me prejudiced, but I know that any product that fits such a description cannot be anything other than abhorrent to my own sensibilities. What your own sensibilities are may be a different matter, so if you want to try it and report back to us, please do. In the meantime, I'll be here laughing cynically and talking trash about this grotesque piece of needless landfill clutter. :wink:

I am a firm believer in not criticising it until I have tried it out for myself.

Its $9.99 btw

That's a fine principle, but you don't have to try everything to know it sucks. Look at all the trash they peddle on late-night TV. Most of that stuff just LOOKS like garbage, and the consumer websites confirm this. Riddex? Miracle Super-Duper Radar Hearing device? I didn't have to try any of that junk. And the reviews confirmed what I already knew.
I have tried 3,4,5-bladed razors now. A sixth blade isn't going to make a difference, and neither is the gimmicky shave cream in the handle. Gillette put the 6th blade where it belongs, by itself on the back. It's actually useful there. If this thing brings forth some Shaving Revolution I'll eat my words. And grow a 'Fro, since I'm bald.

Top Bottom