What's new

Six blades... it's here

This "news" comes up every few weeks.

As always, have a good laugh at this part:

Yeah, except for the fact that your razors are 100% disposable and run out of cream in about a week. So instead of throwing away a small cartridge per week and a can every six months, you will dump your entire clunky razor every week. I'm pretty sure 6 months of their razors is waaaaaaay more garbage than 1 can.

How long do the ladies razors last? My wife uses a lot more shaving cream than I do-Something to do with the surface area of her legs being more than the surface area of my face.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm waiting till all of the blades have super cool nick-names, describing their purposes.

I want cool vikingesque nordic-god names! Or like the way they name swords in Lord of the Rings ...

(note: too lazy to actually think any up.)

Dorco of Korea has had the Pace6 six bladed razor out for some time...

I think the whole multiblade thing has about peaked. What's next, I have no clue, but I do think somebody could do well with a "Green" razor, maybe a rehash of the injector or DE stressing the environmental aspect.

F*&% it, I'm going to 11.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Watch. Next will come multi-nozzles, for aftershave, witch hazel, and shaving cream. With backpack reservoirs. Wrist-mounted for travel purposes.

They sell something like this on base as a travel item wit the "all in one" cream in the handle, but I don't think it is the Titan.

I think I have a revolutionary idea for a new razor.

7 blades.

Ha, I sneer at your simple 7 blade razor. My new 8 bladed OctoRazor will be tops!

Sainsburys...a UK supermarket chain have been selling a 6 blade razor for the past year now...I have yet to try it though.

This is getting ridiculous. This is proof positive that marketing trumps function in the eyes of the business man. We should take a poll for people to guess when Gillette or Schick comes out with a 10 blade razor.

Blade 1 : the Intimidator (to scare the hairs into submission)

Blade 2: the rustler (to lightly wisk off the tips of the hairs)

Blade 3: Rip

Blade 4: Tear

Blade 5: Pull

Blade 6: removes what little skin/stubble is left.

[/IMG]

Didn't Saturday Night Live do a sketch about this about 20 years ago? It ends with Phil Hartman's massacred face, covered in bloody toilet paper with a big smile on his face?

How incompetent of a shaver does one have to be to miss with 5 blades, hoping that the additional 6th one happens to clean up those pesky elusive hairs? :blink:

Top Bottom