What's new

Six Blade GT6

Finally the GT6 can be found in the UK, well I haven't Googled the mens subscription sites recently so I could be wrong.

FFS have a choice of 4 or 6 blades and a snazzy handle with free engraving.

proxy.php

Compatible with all Quattro/GT or Caliber carts. So you can buy them cheaply at Lidl.

I have ordered mine, £6.75 with a discount code for a handle and four carts. Rose Gold colour with rubber underside, also available in Silver with the option of engraving. I just want to try the GT6 carts.Yes, it's the ladies equivalent of Cornerstone.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Now I'm curious. I will look at Aldi here in the US. I thought the one here only carried a 3 blade disposable. I do remember they don't sell any shaving cream or soap which I found strange.

Now I'm curious. I will look at Aldi here in the US. I thought the one here only carried a 3 blade disposable. I do remember they don't sell any shaving cream or soap which I found strange.
Aldi is divided into two legal entities, after the inheriting brothers had a fall out. It depends on which Aldi is operates in your location as they do not compete. However, it would appear Aldi Sud operates in the UK, Australia, and USA. But the 6 blade carts are only available in Australia.

Trader Joe is Aldi Nord in North America.

proxy.php

proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The nearest ALDI to me is in a town called Young which is 48 kilometres away. I used to always buy their Prince canned shaving products because I reckon they are top notch in the canned creams, gels and foams that I have used. Next time I get there I will definitely look into the razor selection that they have and see what is available.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I knew Aldi was a couple of brothers, but didn't know about the falling out. The only thing for shaving in my Aldi is these. I've never tried them. They are cheap enough and maybe I will give them a try. They don't even sell cream, foam or soap. I think they are $2.09 for a 4 pack. They are manufactured here (USA) and Mexico. I don't recall if it's a made here assembled there relationship or some parts are made in each place.

20190613_161912.jpg

Last edited:
I knew Aldi was a couple of brothers, but didn't know about the falling out. The only thing for shaving in my Aldi is these. I've never tried them. They are cheap enough and maybe I will give them a try. They don't even sell cream, foam or soap. I think they are $2.09 for a 4 pack. They are manufactured here (USA) and Mexico. I don't recall if it's a made here assembled there relationship or some parts are made in each place.

View attachment 990267
These are Personna's, designed before the Energizer acquisition.

Australian's must be more discerning :)

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
These are Personna's, designed before the Energizer acquisition.

Australian's must be more discerning :)

Not only that, they must be tough SOBs and prefer to shave dry since Aldi sells nothing to to put on your face to shave with ;)

I haven't found out much on any forum about the Lacura razors. So far I've come up with that they shave about as good as Gillette's 3 blade offerings, but the blades don't last that long, but due to their low price they still come out cheaper than Gillette. I've liked most Personna made blades I've used. I think they make the Injector blades I have as well as the Gem blades I have. The Gem blades are not stainless, I wish they were, but they are SMOOTH, so it's worth the hassle of proper post shave care to keep them from rusting.

Not only that, they must be tough SOBs and prefer to shave dry since Aldi sells nothing to to put on your face to shave with ;)

I haven't found out much on any forum about the Lacura razors. So far I've come up with that they shave about as good as Gillette's 3 blade offerings, but the blades don't last that long, but due to their low price they still come out cheaper than Gillette. I've liked most Personna made blades I've used. I think they make the Injector blades I have as well as the Gem blades I have. The Gem blades are not stainless, I wish they were, but they are SMOOTH, so it's worth the hassle of proper post shave care to keep them from rusting.
Personna carts and Personna blades are now two different companies, Edgewell for carts and AccuTec for blades.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Additionally, I think the Target store brand Up and Up are the same carts sold by Aldi as Lacura. Reading the back they speak of USA and Mexico as well. So if you don't have an Aldi near you and want to try these, Target looks to offer the same thing. 8 of them for $5.99. They seem to get middling reviews. As happy as I am with the Bic offerings, I don't think I have any reason to try them.

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 6.07.41 PM.jpg

Top Bottom