What's new

Siv's Top 10 Synthetic Brushes (Summer 2009)

Interested to see how the Parker rates. I'm wanting to upgrade from The Body Shop Synthetic. Does anyone know of any US distributors of Edwin Jagger Chatsworth or Taylors of Old Bond Street Synthetics?

I have an Omega synthetic but I'm really curious as to whether the Jack Black or the EJ synth brushes are good at face lathering. I face-lather exclusively now, and while I'm interested in synthetic brushes I don't want to go back to the bowl.

I face lather with the Taylor synth and it works very well. I am more then pleased with the performance.

It is not a dense brush. The knot is ~21-22mm and is very soft but still able to lather Tabac and Cella with out any problems. The loft is~50-52mm. It is unlike any other brush that I own, badger or boar.

As far as I know the Taylor brush isn't available in the US, and neither is the EJ Chatsworth synthetic. However, there are a few Muhle synthetics that use the same hair as EJ available here (scroll to the bottom of the page):

http://shoeboxshaveshop.com/syntex-shaving-brushs.html

the EJ chattsworth is available in synthetic fill from the english shaving company. check out this link. you have to specify badger or synthetic at the time of purchase

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany...@cSynthetic fill shaving brushes@b|0|user||8|

I ordered the TOBS brush directly from their website. I sold it because I wanted to try a few others brushes, but four days later and I direly miss my TOBS synthetic. I have a funny feeling I'll be getting another package from the UK soon.

It would be interesting and greatly appreciated if those of you with synthetic experience could update this thread. Thanks.

The thread title is an indicator of its intent. Let it stand as is as part of the record!. This original series of posts is a B&B CLASSIC.

Hundreds of new posts have been done on this subject over the past 14 months. I invite the OP (#72) to do some reading on his own rather than creating additional work for others who are already on record. Here is a starting point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom